• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

difference between a jew and an arab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

difference between a jew and an arab

apart from religion, whats the difference ?

One throws pennies away - one picks them up.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

The religions seem very similar too. Loads and loads of completely daft and pointless rules not involvlng pork.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
        The religions seem very similar too. Loads and loads of completely daft and pointless rules not involvlng pork.
        Pedantically speaking, there are loads and loads of completely daft and pointless rules involving pork.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
          Pedantically speaking, there are loads and loads of completely daft and pointless rules involving pork.
          Unlike christianity, where there are loads and loads of completely daft and pointless rules, but pork is a matter for the individual's conscience.

Just don't eat fish on Friday. Or is it that you're menat to eat fish on Friday? I forget.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
            Unlike christianity, where there are loads and loads of completely daft and pointless rules, but pork is a matter for the individual's conscience.

Just don't eat fish on Friday. Or is it that you're menat to eat fish on Friday? I forget.
            I thought fish on Friday was a Christian thing?

For some reason Jews have to get home before dark on a Friday. I don't know about arabs though.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

For some reason Jews have to get home before dark on a Friday. I don't know about arabs though.

Thats because for orthodox jews the sabbath (saturday) begins at sunset on the Friday. Since orthodox Jews are forbidden from doing any form of work or non-religeous activity on the Sabbath they need to get home before it starts.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

I'm sure I remember reading this in a list of "common misunderstandings". I recall the compulsion to eat fish on a Friday was a law passed by Elizabeth I to prop up the British fishing fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                  I'm sure I remember reading this in a list of "common misunderstandings". I recall the compulsion to eat fish on a Friday was a law passed by Elizabeth I to prop up the British fishing fleet.
                  Is it still a law?

Comment

Am I alone in imagining this conversation taking place between lap-blanketed nonagenarians in a day room, in that idle half hour between dinner and medication?

Comment

Working...
                    X