• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Busted in the heed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busted in the heed

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 7 June 2022, 18:31.

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    What is it with this word "heed"? I've started to notice it in use all over the place. The most recent example is one of Suity's posts. I'm finding it quite amusing, for some unknown reason.
    It's Scottish for head as in "Aww me heed!!" which is a traditional Scottish morning greeting.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 7 June 2022, 18:31.

Comment

The Scottish Parliament website was the source of much amusement / derision a few years back when it was launched with 'Scots' as a language choice.

Walcome tae the Scottish Pairlament wabsite: The internet guide to Holyrood - translated into Scots dialect | Mail Online

It looks like they've got rid of it now

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 7 June 2022, 18:32.

Comment

Git it right up ye, ya bam !

If you want to learn a bit of Glasgow patter, look for the book "Fifty Shades of Glasgow" (my contribution was the funniest).
            Last edited by TestMangler; 5 December 2012, 07:59.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
              What is it with this word "heed"? I've started to notice it in use all over the place. The most recent example is one of Suity's posts. I'm finding it quite amusing, for some unknown reason.
              All I can tell you is:

Peeter Reid has a f**kin monkeeee's heeeeed.

Try and watch an episode of "Still Game" if you want an alternative to Rab btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                All I can tell you is:

Peeter Reid has a f**kin monkeeee's heeeeed.

Try and watch an episode of "Still Game" if you want an alternative to Rab btw.
                Much better, funnier etc than Rab C ever was !

Get oot o' ma shop, ya jaikey bastard !!!
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Yeah, I thought so too - was gutted when they split, especially given they haven't done anything noteworthy since.

Comment

Heid! Trousers!! Noooooo!

Comment

Working...
                    X