• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speed dating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed dating

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 7 June 2022, 18:29.

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    Just wondered if anyone here has been to a speed dating type event and if so, what were your experiences of it?
    Yes, and got no matches.

I ticked everyone apart from one, but she was a right munter.

Terrible experience!

I was too honest. I put my Mercedes key on the table, should have kept quiet about it being the A class.

A Toyota Aygo may have improved my pulling prowess.

Comment

I like to think everyone was there for a reason. I.e. me as a fairly ugly, overweight sociopath with no social skills and a fear of women. But at least I recognise it

I went with a friend a few times and it was a good laugh, although was fairly soul crushing when as a bloke you had 3 "ticks" and her as a young single woman of the late 20s variety with good looks got 20+ (i.e. everyone).

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        I like to think everyone was there for a reason. I.e. me as a fairly ugly, overweight sociopath with no social skills and a fear of women. But at least I recognise it
        Awww, not true. Friendly and cuddly is how I'd describe you.

Comment

Things are going down hill.

In my day speed dating was about how fast you could get into a birds knickers!

My fastest was the time taken to speak six words.

"Shall I come in with you?" I asked a girl who was sharing a taxi with me my mate and his bird.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Awww, not true. Friendly and cuddly is how I'd describe you.
            It will help if he did not throw up during his dates......

Comment

Can you modern blokes not just find a woman in the normal way ?

(I don't mean hanging around street corners down the docks asking you if you're looking for business).

I mean using your natural good looks, humour and charm (or maybe some rohypnol on a bad day) to get a bird interested ??
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
                Yes, and got no matches.

I ticked everyone apart from one, but she was a right munter.

Terrible experience!

I was too honest. I put my Mercedes key on the table, should have kept quiet about it being the A class.

A Toyota Aygo may have improved my pulling prowess.
                You should have told them about your childline stuff. Wimmin love that sh1t. And the bin burning - they love danger.

Most wimmin hate sensible, "boring" type guys.

Comment

Speed dating? Sounds horrid.

Always seen it as a suvern fing. Up Nurth we just talk to each other in public situations, you know, like on the bus / train / pub seat etc.

Comment

I prefer coke dating

Comment

Working...
                    X