• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow watch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow watch

A sprinkling in North Hampshire.

Not enough to have a good excuse for not going into the office though.

Somerset Levels still a few feet under water from last week, so no snow is going to settle for weeks.

Did get out of meetings for a few weeks tho!

Comment

Snow watch

A couple of inches in Hertfordshire!
      "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
      Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

About an inch in Camberley and you Southern Jessie's have proved yet again that you can't bloody drive.

Comment

coupla inches in Luton. Still enough to close the airport and block all fecking routes

And me mate is just on his way to Abingdon, texted to say it's snow on ice and the roads are lethal. Been queueing for over an hour to join the M1 at J10
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Light dusting in Cambridge, not frozen.

Can't understand how Luton, 30 miles away, could have had a couple of inches of snow and be frozen solid. But I can't imagine Suity would be exaggerating.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              coupla inches in Luton. Still enough to close the airport and block all fecking routes

And me mate is just on his way to Abingdon, texted to say it's snow on ice and the roads are lethal. Been queueing for over an hour to join the M1 at J10
              I knew it was snowing down your way Suitster. Your Mrs told me she got a couple of inches last night

Colder than cold here in Halalifax, but no snow.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                A sprinkling in North Hampshire.

Not enough to have a good excuse for not going into the office though.
                I just came in on the M3. Started snowing as I was getting ready to leave at 06:30 (north of Basingstoke), was really heavy around Fleet services, but there's nothing in Richmond.

I almost considered whether it was enough to avoid coming in too, but no luck.

Comment

Light dusting in Surrey. Enough for me not to drive the GT today though. Must get snow tyres.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

None whatsoever in Manchester.

Comment

Working...
                    X