• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Furlough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furlough

Never heard of it... until today. 's
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

How long? I know CSC are doing 3 weeks contractor furlough, escaped them just in time. Current lot aren't.

Comment

Yes, I got told I was having a furlough yesterday and the news was delivered with a "They are calling it a furlough and I have never heard it being called that before". Neither have I.

Must have been an article in some industry wide HR magazine "Furlough your contractors over Christmas before it's too late".

They are pushing for 3 weeks in here but they can't lose me for that long and managers have pushed back to 2 weeks for me, only lose 4 days and I have a mini project that I can get done now.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumlin View Post
        How long? I know CSC are doing 3 weeks contractor furlough, escaped them just in time. Current lot aren't.
        Only 2 weeks, just annoyed that they tell me now when I could have arranged a holiday or something had I known.

They've forced this on the project guys and included me when I'm one of only 3 people offering out of hours support over the Christmas period, I don't think they realise yet.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Furlough started.

Actually I am pretty happy about it now, staggering to the finish line there.

Comment

Sounds like an Irish town

Another Americanism creeping in.

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post

Another Americanism creeping in.
              No point in going postal about it.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                No point in going postal about it.
                Glad we could touch base on it (oh no I think I can see where this may end up going)

Comment

'Town Hall' rips my knickers.

Comment

well if they are going to use military terms then its Fubar'ed.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X