• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Massive Mosque?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive Mosque?

do we need a 10,000 seat (or floor) capacity mosque?

Since Tablighi Jamaat moved into the Abbey Mills site in 1996, it has been involved in a series of application and enforcement disputes with Newham Council.
    is that a shock?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

It shouldn't be, this has been going on for years - in fact they weren't supposed to be in there permanently at all.

I'm not so bothered about a mosque that size, if its got the followers - but I'm very bothered about the people / organisation behind this particular site. No doubt the PC brigade will enable them to continue , who do these decision makers represent exactly?

Comment

As a Catholic, I don't find it at all shocking. If they can afford it and have the people to fill it then fine. I assume all the attendees will be local or come by public transport so there will be no parking problems.

They accept that this country is nominally Church Of England and the English law system.

So I can't see a problem. What am I missing?

Comment

It's more Tablighi Jamaat and fears of what a site of that size with "religious protection" could mean to them.

Have a search around on google for them, they've been associated with Jihad preaching in Australia and apparantly have direct links and support the Taliban.

E.G http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1526...-darkness.html - 6 years on and we're appoving a mosque on a "temporary" site.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
          It's more Tablighi Jamaat and fears of what a site of that size with "religious protection" could mean to them.

Have a search around on google for them, they've been associated with Jihad preaching in Australia and apparantly have direct links and support the Taliban.
          In the same way the UK government used to ?
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I had two issues.

The sheer size. Religion seems to go a bit nuts with the larger mosques.

The fact they appear to have been bending the planning laws for years.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So they would all be in once place?

Perfect for a bombing!

I AM JOKING!!!!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                In the same way the UK government used to ?
                And, much to my distress, will again

Comment

Oliver Cromwell suggested Old St Pauls should be turned into a synagogue, although in the event his Roundhead army used it as a large stables

Not sure if that is very relevant though, so carry on ...
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

They built a reasonably sized one here in town a few years back and then a couple of years later built another one a few hundred meters away. Possibly one is Sunni and one is Shi'ite which should make for some fun and games parking at prayer time...Maybe I'll open a kosher kebab shop in between...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X