• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Autumn Statement - Blame Game

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autumn Statement - Blame Game

Osborne is giving his Autumn statement and it won't be too cheery. He will no doubt still be blaming Labour's term for the state of the economy, but surely being in for over 2 years he has to bare most, if not all, of the responsibility of the state of the economy?

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
    Osborne is giving his Autumn statement and it won't be too cheery. He will no doubt still be blaming Labour's term for the state of the economy, but surely being in for over 2 years he has to bare most, if not all, of the responsibility of the state of the economy?
    And he is such a poor public speaker too, it will make my ears bleed just to listen to the cretin.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

And indeed he should blame the Reign of Terror circa 1997-2010.

But let's not get partisan about this - they are all ****ing parasites and all to blame.

Kill them. Kill them all.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I don't know what everyone is moaning about.

Firstly, the concensus on here at the start of this government was that the economy would take at least ten years to fix.

In which case no-one on here should be surprised (sasguru might have put it differently )

Secondly, all statements and plans made by the government have to have political jam on them to get votes and market confidence.

So nobody should be surprised at that either.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Firstly, the concensus on here at the start of this government was that the economy would take at least ten years to fix.
          Yep, and that's ambitious.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I don't think it's fixable.
            Attitudes need to change : people's sense of entitlement needs to go, what they consider a fair wage and what they consider a reasonable standard of living needs to come down, the status of some professions needs to fall and others needs to rise.
            As a whole most people in the West are living beyond their means, what they create and sell doesn't justify their standard of living.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Tell you what. I'll do a 13 year stint of uncontrolled spending with a 1000 credit cards and you pay it all off in 2 years.

Okay?

Comment

In which case no-one on here should be surprised (sasguru might have put it differently )

Secondly, all statements and plans made by the government have to have political jam on them to get votes and market confidence.

So nobody should be surprised at that either.
                Doesn't every incoming government say that?
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Tell you what. I'll do a 13 year stint of uncontrolled spending with a 1000 credit cards and you pay it all off in 2 years.

Okay?

Of course no one expects a debt free Britain in 2 years, however he is far of course he set himself. Most other countries are now growing, reducing the debt much quicker, by way of not cutting to quickly and stimulating via spending.

Comment

2 years after taking over an economy which was left in ruins, borrowing massively out of control and a note saying ' we spent all the money' I think its reasonable to complain

Labour were blaming Maggie in 2010. Surprised they don't blame everything on Charles I he looked like a tory.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X