• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its Winter, runny nose time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Winter, runny nose time

Yep, its that time of the year when people sit in the office sniffing and coughing and generally spreading germs, but how do you deal with that troublesome runny nose syndrome?
    Whip out a hanky and make like an elephant then surreptiously check the contents
    20.00%
    Use the traditional farmer's method of blocking one nostril and snorting really hard, floorwards
    20.00%
    Cuffy, wipe your nose on the cuff of your shirtsleeve/jumper/jacket/whatever apperal you are wearing
    0.00%
    Sit there sniffing, sticking a hanky up a nostril and clearing out the runny bits every now and then
    0.00%
    Pop into the bogs, do a great big snort and spit it out into the pan regardless of neighbours
    20.00%
    Just let it all run down and catch it with your tongue as it drips over your upper lip
    20.00%
    Stick a couple of AndyW's mums tampons up each nostril letting them take care of the rivers of snot
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Yep, its that time of the year when people sit in the office sniffing and coughing and generally spreading germs, but how do you deal with that troublesome runny nose syndrome?
    With a tissue, unlike some the other unhygienic twats around the office.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

When it's that really irritating snot which is the consistency of water and can make a run for it faster than you have time to get a tissue, try stuffing balls of tissue up your nostrils to act as sponges.

Better if you WFH.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Excellent AndyW option, shows the newbies how its done!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

If at client site I just shut my office door.

Otherwise WFH.

Edit. I missed the point I see. I try and avoid getting into the situation in the firstplace.

Comment

Where's the 'I'm going permie so I'll take a few sickdays' option?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              If at client site I just shut my office door.

Otherwise WFH.
              Does anywhere still have allocated offices? Most of the places where I have worked recently have all been big open plan sites with hot desks for those who aren't working from home

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Where's the 'I'm going permie so I'll take a few sickdays' option?
                Good point with all the splitters on here it seems to be more PermieUK than ContactorUK these days

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Does anywhere still have allocated offices? Most of the places where I have worked recently have all been big open plan sites with hot desks for those who aren't working from home
                  Client sites (that I visit) are on the mainland in FR & DE. Old buildings with lots of corridors and rooms.

Comment

I wonder if a swimmer's nose-clip would work.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X