• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Floors2Go - Total A**Wipes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floors2Go - Total A**Wipes

Has anybody ever had the misfortune to deal with this company? I have never had to fight so much to get my money back and still have had no luck.

I am going to make sure to post this on every consumer and relevant internet forum so people know not to deal with this awful company.

over 4 weeks ago....
    Found a nice wooden floor and was assured it was in stock (100% guarantee it will be with you next week).

The following Monday
    Got a call and told that it was not in stock and would take 6 weeks to arrive so I cancelled order and asked for a refund - was told I had to come into store to sign some forms. They don't refund on card for orders over £250

The next day
    Went into store and they spent 20 minutes looking for the forms and said "oh its ok we will sort it and you will have a cheque within 2-3 days."

10 days later
    No sign of cheque - called in to complain to head office and they were quite rude but guaranteed me I'd have the cheque in the post by the following Monday.

The following Tuesday
    Went ballistic at them, head office said they were yet to receive refund request from Stockport branch! Stockport branch said it was not their fault

Today
    On a mission to tell everybody about the company and the way they treat their customers. Will make sure it is on every internet forum I can find. Posted on BBC watchdog

Can anybody suggest any other avenues for me to explore?

Get your LTD to buy the debt which would now make it a commercial debt and start charging them per letter and interest as per payontime?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Get in touch with trading standards today, they will advise you how to proceed.

The sooner you get them onboard the better.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Has anybody ever had the misfortune to deal with this company? I have never had to fight so much to get my money back and still have had no luck.

I am going to make sure to post this on every consumer and relevant internet forum so people know not to deal with this awful company.

over 4 weeks ago....
        Found a nice wooden floor and was assured it was in stock (100% guarantee it will be with you next week).

The following Monday
        Got a call and told that it was not in stock and would take 6 weeks to arrive so I cancelled order and asked for a refund - was told I had to come into store to sign some forms. They don't refund on card for orders over £250

The next day
        Went into store and they spent 20 minutes looking for the forms and said "oh its ok we will sort it and you will have a cheque within 2-3 days."

10 days later
        No sign of cheque - called in to complain to head office and they were quite rude but guaranteed me I'd have the cheque in the post by the following Monday.

The following Tuesday
        Went ballistic at them, head office said they were yet to receive refund request from Stockport branch! Stockport branch said it was not their fault

Today
        On a mission to tell everybody about the company and the way they treat their customers. Will make sure it is on every internet forum I can find. Posted on BBC watchdog

Trading standards or the threat thereof.

If you fancy more direct action stand outside the shop with a placard handing out leaflets describing your plight.

Comment

Why not do a bit of simple research first?

Try googling 'floors2go refund'. You will find they have a bad rep for this.

It's even on the bbc website..

BBC - X-Ray: Floors-2-Go
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

over 4 weeks ago....

The following Monday

The next day

10 days later

The following Tuesday

Today

You need to grow a pair, I wouldn't leave the office until I had the cheque in my hands, they see you as a sucker and will make excuses. Posting on here will not get your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              Trading standards or the threat thereof.

If you fancy more direct action stand outside the shop with a placard handing out leaflets describing your plight.
              I am actually considering this. That's how angered I am.

Comment

over 4 weeks ago....

The following Monday

The next day

10 days later

The following Tuesday

Today

Any of these any use?

https://twitter.com/F2GWakefield
                https://twitter.com/CambridgeF2g
                https://twitter.com/Floors2GoScunny
                https://twitter.com/F2GLoughborough

Start shouting the odds on Twitter and most companies will sort it pretty quick.

Comment

Be sharp, they tend to go bust quite regularly I think, a play thing of the private equity mob.

Comment

Write to the personal finance problem pages of the times, torygraph, mail etc.

BBC Moneybox programme (BBC R4 that is)

Moneysavingexperts forum, maybe post a "please help" post describing your situation and asking for advice (i.e. pretend to ask for advice but by naming names you're ensuring you spread the news). Oh, I see that's what you did here!!

Look up the Stockport directors names on companies house, knock on his door ask him for the money.

Comment

Working...
                    X