• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security clearance!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security clearance!

Hi

I wonder if you can help, I am a contractor who was contacted by a IT recruiter a month ago, telling me he had a IT support role with the constabulary.

I agreed to be put forward for this role, they invited me for a interview and I was successful and offered a 6 month contract. I happily accepted this contract and was told that it required security clearance. I filled all the forms and return them only to be told 4 weeks later that I have failed my clearance!

I was in total shock because my record is 100% clean, I have never even received a warning or ever been in trouble with the authorities. My financial record is clean also.

Now the recruitment guy tells me that I cannot even be told WHY I have failed the security clearance!

Can you please advise, if its possible I can find out why I have failed, because this is really heart breaking news for me, I have always abided by the law and cannot live with this decision. I need to know why and where I have failed, even if it involves going to court I am willing to, can anyone advise please?

Thank you for your help.

Heartbreaking??? Cannot live with this decision?? You sure this isn't something to do with your failing?

There is nothing else to see or do here. You just have to patch up your broken heart and move on. There could be any number of reasons you failed, you don't have to have broken the law. Maybe they did a family check and something came up there, maybe you live in an area with an unusually high crime rate, maybe your credit history wasn't fantastic making you liable to use data to boost your own finances. These checks can be very detailed and it might have just been a couple of flags on minor different things rather than one big fat problem.

Whatever it was, it is unlikely you will find out and it doesn't matter as you can't get the gig I am afraid.

You don't mention how you were told though, I would make sure the agent supplies you with the email that says you did so you can be sure the agent isn't pulling a fast one on you and just gave the gig to someone cheaper.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Oh, and I don't want to be rude but you need to grow some. Noticed your post from November about being a new contractor. It is likely you are going to get binned for no reason whatsoever at some point in your career which can be just as frustrating. It's part and parcel of the way we work. Winners shrug it off and get on with applying for the next gig. Losers will get upset, take it personally and start having a bad attitude with clients. You know the one you want to be really. Chin up, move on, get applying and good luck with the next gig.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X