• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Natwest Sucks. Account Refused

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natwest Sucks. Account Refused

Hi. I am currently in between contracts. A lot on my plate, including getting my car repaired aswell, as getting finances and life in order.
    Left my umbrella company because they were unreliable, cost a lot and most of the time I had to negotiate between them and the agency just to get paid. Stuff that they were meant to do.
    In early june formed my own ltd co. Thought this would take all the hassle away from using an umbrella co. All went well. Got my Cert of Incorp in the post and sent forms to Natwest for a business account. Thought it would take 3-4 days as they advertised. After three weeks of calling them, I discovered that the account was denied. Would not give me a reason. The company sec even has an personal account with them.
    How the **** can they make me wait 3 weeks only to tell me that the account was denied. All the forms and details were correct and up to date, I made sure of that. Atleast they could tell me why they refused to accept my co on their boxs.
    I think I am going to register a business account with every bank offering business accounts that there is here, and for all that dont give enough interest or annoy me, will just treat them the same way Natwest treated me.
    If that does not work, will just make an off-shore account or if that does not work. even start my own bank if its possible. Hehe, if that does not work, will just get agencies to pay me through paypal.
    This has really upset me. Not only is it hard enough for an engineer with no CCNA or MCSE to get a contract these days, banks pis***** people off about, just adds to the wound.

Originally posted by Helios
    Hi. I am currently in between contracts. A lot on my plate, including getting my car repaired aswell, as getting finances and life in order.
    Left my umbrella company because they were unreliable, cost a lot and most of the time I had to negotiate between them and the agency just to get paid. Stuff that they were meant to do.
    In early june formed my own ltd co. Thought this would take all the hassle away from using an umbrella co. All went well. Got my Cert of Incorp in the post and sent forms to Natwest for a business account. Thought it would take 3-4 days as they advertised. After three weeks of calling them, I discovered that the account was denied. Would not give me a reason. The company sec even has an personal account with them.
    How the **** can they make me wait 3 weeks only to tell me that the account was denied. All the forms and details were correct and up to date, I made sure of that. Atleast they could tell me why they refused to accept my co on their boxs.
    I think I am going to register a business account with every bank offering business accounts that there is here, and for all that dont give enough interest or annoy me, will just treat them the same way Natwest treated me.
    If that does not work, will just make an off-shore account or if that does not work. even start my own bank if its possible. Hehe, if that does not work, will just get agencies to pay me through paypal.
    This has really upset me. Not only is it hard enough for an engineer with no CCNA or MCSE to get a contract these days, banks pis***** people off about, just adds to the wound.

Some tips. Stick some white space in your posts and don't waste time on here.

HTH

Comment

including getting my car repaired aswell
      Did you put this down on your application form?
      Cats are evil.

Comment

El duder??

Comment

The sort of idiot who would go to Natwest for a business account should be exterminated!

Comment

Did you try Natwest Business Direct, they have a very lenient application process, my credit rating isn't great but appoved and set up in a week.

Comment

I used to be with them and paid a lot in charges. Not sure if it's still the same but got charged for every transaction. Try Abbey.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Banking

The law was changed some years ago to enable Citizens Savings Banks & Trusts. If there is a group with a common purpose they can start up their own bank.

We would not need much office space and the banking could be automated on the Internet. There are a few communities in UK that has already done this.

Banking is easier than you think. Up until a few years ago IOM banks were being run in the upstairs rooms of town houses.
                HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Working...
                X