• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child benefit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child benefit

For the last couple of years I have only taken out money from myCo up to the higher tax limit.

So presumably will still get child benefit when the new rules come into play.

Which seems wrong - I'm quite happy to accept that I don't need it.

What to do....

Same with us until recently. Some friends have had letters saying they will be losing it, but we've not had anything.

Bearing in mind that your kids are 19 and 25 it's about time you didn't receive it anymore ;-)
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Same with us until recently. Some friends have had letters saying they will be losing it, but we've not had anything.

Bearing in mind that your kids are 19 and 25 it's about time you didn't receive it anymore ;-)
      Yeah, it's one of those things that if you had to opt in, I wouldn't do it. Youngest is coming up for 15, so still got a few years.

Whole thing seems crazy anyway - takes into account parents' income individually, not as a couple.

Edit: Welcome back

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        For the last couple of years I have only taken out money from myCo up to the higher tax limit.

What to do....
        This is hardly the place for moral compass alignments!

To avoid the hassle I would just give it to charity.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          This is hardly the place for moral compass alignments!

To avoid the hassle I would just give it to charity.
          Donate it to the BNP or UKIP and write to your locale MP to tell them you are doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

What to do....
            Millions of spongers are having kids just to claim benefits so i think anyone who has children in a decent family deserves to be rewarded. If i could find a woman stupid enough to have my devil-spawn, i would put the money in childrens bonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
              If i could find a woman stupid enough to have my devil-spawn, i would put the money in childrens bonds.
              There's hope for you yet. You have met some of the male posters on CUK who've bagged themselves a wife haven't you?

Comment

There's hope for you yet. You have met some of the male posters on CUK who've bagged themselves a wife haven't you?
                I do ok with the women, i just get scared of settling down so move on to the next

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                  I do ok with the women, i just get scared of settling down so move on to the next
                  That or your a closet woofter.

Just saying like.

Comment

That or your a closet woofter.

Just saying like.
                    I wouldn't really be bothered if i was, but i like women too much for all that

Comment

Working...
                    X