• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoping for sh1te retail results over christmas to lower the stock market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping for sh1te retail results over christmas to lower the stock market

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 7 June 2022, 18:25.

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    Dooooooooooooooom!

I hope the retail results over Xmas turn out to be sh1te when they are announced in the new year. I need the stock market to fall about 10 percent so I could then invest some money for a cheaper price before the ISA/tax year ends. What hope have I got?
    A lot of it will depend on the US fiscal cliff thing. I prefer to short while the market is going down but I'll never hope for doom to happen...

When investing or trading the word 'hope' should not be present in your strategy :/
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Dooooooooooooooom!

I hope the retail results over Xmas turn out to be sh1te when they are announced in the new year. I need the stock market to fall about 10 percent so I could then invest some money for a cheaper price before the ISA/tax year ends. What hope have I got?
      Leave it in cash ! Then you can be like me and have a big dollop of cash earning sod all and waiting for FTSE100 < 4000.

Tulip UK retail results won't effect the FTSE100/250 much, so don't hold your breath.

Comment

FTSE100 has very little to do with UK retail.

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 7 June 2022, 18:26.

Comment

Same reason the EURO has been rising and gold has been tanking- seems to be defying all the fundamentals. Who knows?
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Problem is: my money is in savings accounts at the moment, maybe even earning less than the dividend yield on the FTSE100. I had been expecting the market to be lower by now what with all the bad news coming out about UK/Europe/US economies, and yet the FTSE100 has risen. Shows how little I know! Does anyone know why it has risen recently?
              The belief that money printing and other giveaways and fudges will keep everything propped up for the next year or two.

Comment

You've missed the boat, mate; market has indeed bottomed and will soaraway next year as we pull out of recession and Eurozone uncertainty reduces. My LTBH HYP is up 20% according to Google Finance, thanks mainly to AV, LLOY and UU.

There again, keep an eye on TSCO, (yield about 4.5%) - there'll be a period of uncertainty while it decides what to do about Fresh and Easy and if Xmas disappoints and it dips below about 310 I'd be very tempted to top up.

HTH.
                My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Funny, I have just been reading this

Will we see a Santa Rally this year? | Investment research from Hargreaves Lansdown

Which says 18 of the last 20 years the FTSE has risen during December
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Every year lately have we had this, shops are empty at xmas, retail doom, to find the figures come out and they are the same or slightly higher than previous year.

People are cutting back about as much as the government, IE not at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X