• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you got a pension?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you got a pension?

Thought we could have a lovely poll.

edit: balls can someone make it not multi-choice?
    I don't have a pension, but I plan to
    10.45%
    I don't have a pension, I don't want one
    22.39%
    I have a pension but I don't use it much
    17.91%
    I have a pension and regularly contribute to it
    40.30%
    AndyW keeps my savings under his mattress
    8.96%
    Last edited by d000hg; 7 December 2012, 13:11.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    ...edit: balls can someone make it not multi-choice?
    It used to be possible, but apparently not anymore.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I made a vow to not pay any more higher rate tax. It means I've now got quite a pot sat there but I'm a little nervous that the low life politicians will make some sort of grab for it at some stage.

Comment

Got a few bits and pieces of various pensions lying around that might be enough to buy me a Saga holiday but will be dependent on BTL, property and ISAs for the bulk of my retirement income.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I don't but I plan to. Feel too young to think about my pension. More likely to sort out a pension via expanding buy-to-let portfolio than a standard pension fund.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            Got a few bits and pieces of various pensions lying around that might be enough to buy me a Saga holiday but will be dependent on BTL, property and ISAs for the bulk of my retirement income.
            Originally posted by formant View Post
            I don't but I plan to. Feel too young to think about my pension. More likely to sort out a pension via expanding buy-to-let portfolio than a standard pension fund.
            I'm in this camp as well
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Got a SIPP that I am planning to use to retire at 55, also a BTL that is self funding at the moment so once it pays its mortgage off that would be another 6% a year for me
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                It's ok.

The insurance company will make sure that there's nothing left for the politicos.

Or you.

HTH.
                No insurance company is getting anywhere near it unless the politicians change the rules again to force you to take out an annuity. That is probably a bigger fear than some sort of one off tax raid.

Comment

Did anyone read that "end of Britain" report that got punted out a week or so ago about the UK potentially going into an Argentine 2001 situation?

Scarey stuff!
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    Did anyone read that "end of Britain" report that got punted out a week or so ago about the UK potentially going into an Argentine 2001 situation?

Scarey stuff!
                    I went backpacking around Argentina in 2002, lived like a king with my handful of US dollars

Comment

Working...
                    X