• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clutch dilemma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch dilemma

Rental car from Spain - clutch is slipping when engine red hot and going up the mountain roads.

Flight back 10am tomorrow, usually no more than 90 min drive. In France just now.

Would you try to drive back today and tell the firm for another car, or leave at 5am tomorrow to allow for any breakdown and hope for the best?

I have an annual zero excess policy, and am worried about the rental firm kippering me up over non existent clutch abuse!

Used the firm before, always April may and new good cars. Tjrns out they just change them once a year so they are all now snagged out!

p*ss off

no one cares

next

Comment

Clutch dilemma

Isn't there a spare clutch in the glovebox?

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
        Rental car from Spain - clutch is slipping when engine red hot and going up the mountain roads.

Flight back 10am tomorrow, usually no more than 90 min drive. In France just now.

Would you try to drive back today and tell the firm for another car, or leave at 5am tomorrow to allow for any breakdown and hope for the best?

I have an annual zero excess policy, and am worried about the rental firm kippering me up over non existent clutch abuse!

Used the firm before, always April may and new good cars. Tjrns out they just change them once a year so they are all now snagged out!
        If it's not going to cost I'd drive back today. If you have something booked for tonight leave early tomorrow and drive carefully.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You've posted sh!t like this before about dodgy car rental. Dream up something more believable, like driving round a corner and finding a whole family wiped out in what looks like a professional hit...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              You've posted sh!t like this before about dodgy car rental. Dream up something more believable, like cycling round a corner and finding a whole family wiped out in what looks like a professional hit...
              FTFY
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                FTFY
                Oh yeah, fanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  FTFY
                  I do have a mountain bike here in the basement. May well cycle back instead!

Comment

I drove 10k on a slipping clutch and then dumped the car in Paris. The trick is to be gentle, not to accelerate quickly and use the correct gear for the speed and incline. Once you get to your destination then slip the clutch so that the bu88ers can't drive it any further.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X