• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gadgets to drool over

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gadgets to drool over

I want a 3D laser scanner for Christmas

Any other ideas for expensive gadgets?

Cars or bikes if you must, but preferably some big boy's toy that could appear on a millionaire's Gadget Show and you might rarely even use.

Actually a 2D red laser scanner memory pen would make a more practical and quite affordable present.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I want a 3D laser scanner for Christmas

Any other ideas for expensive gadgets?

Cars or bikes if you must, but preferably some big boy's toy that could appear on a millionaire's Gadget Show and you might rarely even use.

Actually a 2D red laser scanner memory pen would make a more practical and quite affordable present.
    One of those 3d printer thingies would be quite useful.

Comment

I would like a USB microwave oven that I can run up from my laptop whilst out on the road.

Client co has none on site so one of these would be perfect as I could warm a pasty or bowl of soup at my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
        I would like a USB microwave oven that I can run up from my laptop whilst out on the road.

Client co has none on site so one of these would be perfect as I could warm a pasty or bowl of soup at my desk.
        Here

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post

not here
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

EOS Metall-Laser-Sinter-Systeme (Kopie 1)

I am actually getting one of these (albeit for my birthday next year)....

While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

There was a news feature this week on where they showed some pretty cool mini surveillance helicopters. I want one of those, but I can't find the news link. Anyone are it?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                There was a news feature this week on where they showed some pretty cool mini surveillance helicopters. I want one of those, but I can't find the news link. Anyone are it?
                I want one! I want one!

Next time I'm stuck in a five mile jam on the motorway, I'd like to send one ahead to see what the hell is going on
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  I want one! I want one!

Next time I'm stuck in a five mile jam on the motorway, I'd like to send one ahead to see what the hell is going on
                  I saw an excellent one this weekend, I think it was a Quadrocopter, with HD video camera, cost €799 but can't find any information about it
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    I saw an excellent one this weekend, I think it was a Quadrocopter, with HD video camera, cost €799 but can't find any information about it
                    I saw some remote control helicopters last Christmas at about the 50 Swiss Franc mark. I wonder if you could fit a miniature camera to one of those.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X