• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice

All

- just resigned from my Perm job - to start a rolling 6-month contracting position. What's the best way to go - Ltd company, Umbrella, Off-Shore, P.A.Y.E etc? - to obtain a good return. I'm prepared to put in a little 'administration' effort if necessary. I'm awful at saving money - and am nervous about any I.R. inquries further down the line. Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Cheers.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread7487.html

Comment

As the most sensible contractor here I would recommend a Ltd company , get 2 company accounts set up one for IR and one for VAT.

Do most of the accounts yourself and then at the end of the year (you have 9 months to do this) give your filed accounts to your accountant to do the Corp Tax return etc.

You can do this yourself but I always think that IR pick on people that do their own accounts , not sure if its true but I feel safer doing it thro an accountant.

Keep your payments on time , dont let the company get too far behind in paying you especially if your VAT registered.

Overall a sinch to run a Ltd company but if you start taking on contracts that are long term (greater than 6 months) then I would advise some insurance against IR35.

Comment

Thanks - will take a look.

Comment

Working...
        X