• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract then permanent in Austria

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract then permanent in Austria

Couldn't find much existing info on Austria (Vienna to be precise), so has anyone worked there recently?

I've been offered a contract, and the client has suggested that I go permanent after 6 months. Is the contract period a way of them avoiding paying relocation expenses (as they often do for permies)? I'm going to ask for at least a one year contract before I consider going permie there.

And the retention rate, using Access, appears to be about 52%. Does this sound reasonable? I'm also waiting for some figures from a local accountant.

Sorry, should this have been posted in Accounting/Legal?
    Last edited by camfish; 8 December 2012, 12:56.

Working...
X