• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 8

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 8

I have purchased the Action Pack from MS, however it is still being processed , but i wanted to spend some time over the weekend installing it. Is there anywhere I can legally download the ISO and I will activate it when I get my product keys (in a few days hopefully).

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
    I have purchased the Action Pack from MS, however it is still being processed , but i wanted to spend some time over the weekend installing it. Is there anywhere I can legally download the ISO and I will activate it when I get my product keys (in a few days hopefully).
    you could download the evaluation/90 day trial version, dont think it can be "upgraded" to full tho.

Other than that, I dont know of a way to get the full ISO legally.

Comment

Just checked this out and you need to send a URL "proving" that you are a developer!!!

I have domains and hosting but no website as yet.

What a pain.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
        Just checked this out and you need to send a URL "proving" that you are a developer!!!

What a pain.
        Just stick a "Coming soon" page up with an "Under construction" GIF from GeoCities and it'll look like 99% of developer websites

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post

What a pain.
          linked in page?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Just stick a "Coming soon" page up with an "Under construction" GIF from GeoCities and it'll look like 99% of developer websites
            tulip, you've seen my page then
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

What a pain.
              What about going the Microsoft Registered Partner route?

That is free, and you just purchase the action pack when you are accepted as a partner.
              SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

I've been on the action pack thing for years. I installed Windows 8 on my laptop - it lasted 3 days before I took it off again. It's w@nk
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Mine came through, then I got an email saying I needed a website showing I developed .NET software. By then I had already downloaded a lot of the software?? I said I get all my clients using Agents but I could put up my old website in a few days, and i stuck a one pager on Azure free website cloud node thing job. Seems to have done the job.

But I am currently sans laptop as I sold my mac book air on ebay and am waitign for my Thinkpad T530 to come :/
                  Last edited by LatteLiberal; 21 December 2012, 12:33.

Comment

Just bought the upgrade for my old Vista laptop. Just to test with you understand, for the laptop and desktop I actually use I'm sticking with Windows 7. This laptop is 1280x800 and so technically doesn't conform to the minimum spec of 1366x768, and has pretty poor graphics performance so it'll be interesting to see how well it works.

The website says £25 for the download only, and £50 if you want a DVD. Well, when you run the downloaded upgrade app it gives you the option of a DVD for a further £8.99.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X