• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Made it back.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it back.....

By the skin of my teeth.

Allowed 3 hours for a 1 hour journey. Used two hours nursing the buggered car over the Alberes.

Totally pissed off most of the truckers who had to overtake me and thought I was goading them driving so slowly, had a car transporter truck bearing down on me with lights flashing.

Got that dreaded clutch burning smell at the summit, but made it back with just 20 mins before the gate opened.

Never again will I choose a Spanish national car hire firm - big boys every time from now on......

Should have stayed out there to be honest, it is warm and sunny and I dont have the work thing to think about for another month or so.

Wiiiilllmmmmsloooooooow!
    << canned laughter>>

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Wiiiilllmmmmsloooooooow!
      << canned laughter>>
      "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pondlife again."

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
        By the skin of my teeth.

Allowed 3 hours for a 1 hour journey. Used two hours nursing the buggered car over the Alberes.

Totally pissed off most of the truckers who had to overtake me and thought I was goading them driving so slowly, had a car transporter truck bearing down on me with lights flashing.

Got that dreaded clutch burning smell at the summit, but made it back with just 20 mins before the gate opened.

Never again will I choose a Spanish national car hire firm - big boys every time from now on......

Should have stayed out there to be honest, it is warm and sunny and I dont have the work thing to think about for another month or so.
        Wilmslow, you've said all this about car hire before. Ffs get a new scriptwriter!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          Wilmslow, you've said all this about car hire before. Ffs get a new scriptwriter!
          Last time it was from a notoriously dodgy firm called Auriga Crown (who even Girona have banned from the airport), and the 6 year old shed burned out in a cloud of smoke in the middle of nowhere when still in France leading to breakdown truck chap throwing hands in the air proclaiming 'Viva Espania' and a taxi to the airport the following morning with a 3K credit card dispute over the whole affair, which I won.

At least this time I got back to the airport okay!

Has anyone got a worse holiday abroad car hire story?

Comment

Working...
          X