• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is it with Jobserve?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it with Jobserve?

and all this Australia stuff??

The jobs are mostly contract and to get them you need to be able to work over there...but you can't do that unless you have the requisite permits...but you can't get those without a job!

So why is Jobserve wasting so much time and space advertising jobs that are pretty much impossible to get!

Or am I missing something obvious here??
    http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by NickIT
    and all this Australia stuff??

The jobs are mostly contract and to get them you need to be able to work over there...but you can't do that unless you have the requisite permits...but you can't get those without a job!

So why is Jobserve wasting so much time and space advertising jobs that are pretty much impossible to get!

You're missing the fact that Jobserve doesn't care. It gets paid to run the ad's by the agencies and clients. Whether the jobs are any good or not is irrelavent as far as Jobserve is concerned.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
      You're missing the fact that Jobserve doesn't care. It gets paid to run the ad's by the agencies and clients. Whether the jobs are any good or not is irrelavent as far as Jobserve is concerned.
      No...not missing....forgot! Doh

Still a bit ...errr... from the footy yesterday...

Then I must wonder why the Oz agencies are spending money on the service...

Has anyone won a contract via this method I wonder?

Comment

because if you have the skillz and you want to go for it they can do the rest !

Milan.

Comment

wrong

you don't need a job to get a visa
          "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Well thats interesting.

Here is some background...

I was happily ticking the baskets on Jobserve and mistakingly ticked on for Aus.

I received an email from a OZ agency saying that I was a good fit (blah blah) and to look them up when I was in the area.

Well that intrigued me so I went to the Oz House site to look at work visa's...

To qualify for a work visa you must have a sponsor. So I did more digging and after going through all the Skilled Migrant Worker scheme I realised that unless I have a job to go to I am not going to get anywhere. Especially with contract role.

I am in no way an expert regarding this so I could well be wrong (never been one for buearocracy...!

Comment

Well thats interesting.

Here is some background...

I was happily ticking the baskets on Jobserve and mistakingly ticked on for Aus.

I received an email from a OZ agency saying that I was a good fit (blah blah) and to look them up when I was in the area.

Well that intrigued me so I went to the Oz House site to look at work visa's...

To qualify for a work visa you must have a sponsor. So I did more digging and after going through all the Skilled Migrant Worker scheme I realised that unless I have a job to go to I am not going to get anywhere. Especially with contract role.

I am in no way an expert regarding this so I could well be wrong (never been one for buearocracy...!
              there are different type of visas... if you are looking at the sponsor migration visa then yes (of course) you will need a job before you go... hence the sponsored bit of the visa title. However you can get an independant skilled migration visa which doesn't require you to have a sponsor. If you are under 30 then you can also go on a working holiday visa.
              "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

These ads are probably designed to target the thousands of Aussie nationals working in the UK. Work visas are, obviously, not an issue for them.

Comment

Originally posted by janey
                  there are different type of visas... if you are looking at the sponsor migration visa then yes (of course) you will need a job before you go... hence the sponsored bit of the visa title. However you can get an independant skilled migration visa which doesn't require you to have a sponsor. If you are under 30 then you can also go on a working holiday visa.
                  Thanks!!!

Sadly I'm over 30.

Comment

My chap in Australia went on a working/holiday visa, and is currently looking for work in the Sydney area, and will telework for me, until he can find something local.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X