• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I was sitting next to a Scotsman...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was sitting next to a Scotsman...

On the plane on the way over. Having snuck a cheeky upgrade into business class as I was getting comfortable when some friendly fella sat next to me and said hello, pointed to my Rugby shirt and said 'rugby man hey. Which club?'. I happened to be wearing an English top.

After chatting for a while I mentioned that I'd been so busy lately that I hadn't seen any sports results for sometime and that the only thing I knew at the moment was the respective positions of Celtic and Rangers. To whit his reply was 'I was at the Rangers game yesterday, I used to play for them'

As the conversation continued he proceeded to tell me he'd played for them for 11 years, and Everton & Tottenham for a while. Then mentioned something about being captain during the 9 or somewhat???

I eventually asked him his name and he told me. So as the plane was taxiing off I texted my father in law who is a massive Rangers fan that I was sitting next to Roger Gough who I'd never heard of. I said nice to meet you Roger when we disembarked. Nice fella.

I've just googled him.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    On the plane on the way over. Having snuck a cheeky upgrade into business class as I was getting comfortable when some friendly fella sat next to me and said hello, pointed to my Rugby shirt and said 'rugby man hey. Which club?'. I happened to be wearing an English top.

After chatting for a while I mentioned that I'd been so busy lately that I hadn't seen any sports results for sometime and that the only thing I knew at the moment was the respective positions of Celtic and Rangers. To whit his reply was 'I was at the Rangers game yesterday, I used to play for them'

As the conversation continued he proceeded to tell me he'd played for them for 11 years, and Everton & Tottenham for a while. Then mentioned something about being captain during the 9 or somewhat???

I eventually asked him his name and he told me. So as the plane was taxiing off I texted my father in law who is a massive Rangers fan that I was sitting next to Roger Gough who I'd never heard of. I said nice to meet you Roger when we disembarked. Nice fella.

I've just googled him.
    You could have rescued that.

"Nice to meet you. Roger and out." (salutes)

Comment

Having snuck a cheeky upgrade into business class

I thought you would have gone 1st as a matter of principle
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

I texted my father in law who is a massive Rangers fan
        Jeez....no wonder you get depressed when the "almost family" come to visit. Do they proclaim the right to march up and down your hallway or do they just come to Brixham to get a stiffy over the place where King Billy came ashore?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I've just googled him.
          Not Richard Gough ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Not Richard Gough ?
            Nah - definetly Darren

Comment

Not Richard Gough ?
              I would have thought it was Bog
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Not Richard Gough ?
                WHS
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Not Richard Gough ?
                  I thought MF was joking when he said Roger. He must mean Richard.

Wasn't there a Roger Gough in Scaffold?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    I thought MF was joking when he said Roger. He must mean Richard.
                    I think that's why he was embarrassed when he googled. Point of the anecdote, shirley?

Hence:

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    You could have rescued that.

"Nice to meet you. Roger and out." (salutes)

Comment

Working...
                    X