• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Birthday Ada

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday Ada

Born 197 years ago. She even gets a google doodle
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Born 197 years ago. She even gets a google doodle
    And is looking good for 197

Comment

Obligatory: Lovelace & Babbage Fight Crime with the Mighty Difference Engine!

Comment

I love Lovelace and Babbage.. I've got one of the mugs. They fight crime Sydney Padua puts a lot of background research into her comic and usually her notes make a fascinating read.

Comment

Originally posted by teclo View Post
          Sydney Padua puts a lot of background research into her comic and usually her notes make a fascinating read.
          Indeed. If you've got an iPad, it's well worth getting the app, which provides options for showing the notes alongside the relevant portion of the comic, including links to the original sources in complete copies of Babbage's books, relevant images from the period, and so forth, all included in the app

Comment

Originally posted by teclo View Post
            I love Lovelace
            Linda?
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
            X