• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally, govt to make us all happy!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, govt to make us all happy!

Government should consider legalising drugs, MPs say - Telegraph

Next step, make them compulsory for all citizens.

Probably a good idea - then they can tax them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I'm sure they thought the same thing about tobacco at one point.
      So you'd be happy if your bus driver/pilot/tube driver/motorist in the next lane was tripping? presumably there would have to be some kind of legislation preventing use in the work place / operating machinery - but how would you police it and what would be an allowable level of Heroin / LSD / Weed in your blood stream before you took the controls?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Many people forget that when you change one thing, other things change to compensate and sometimes not for the better.

If they legalise hard drugs and these end up priced below bootleg supplies then crims who are drug dealers now will find some other source of illicit income. So we can look forward to an epidemic of protection rackets, extortion, kidnapping, etc.

Sometimes it's a case of "better the devil you know". After all, you don't have to take drugs, but if someone snatches your kid in the street and holds them to ransom then you're involved whether you like it or not.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          I'm sure they thought the same thing about tobacco at one point.
          So you'd be happy if your bus driver/pilot/tube driver/motorist in the next lane was tripping?

considering some of the driving round here I think most of them are already.

I used to think avoiding users of Cannabis and going after the produces made a lot of sense but this has produced more no go areas. We are losing the battle IMHO.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X