• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone A Member Of David Lloyd Gyms?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone A Member Of David Lloyd Gyms?

Need to get rid of the gut (not Spod it wasn't after you calling me a fat boy), does anyone know if they offer National Memberships? Or is it just valid at the one you sign up with?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Need to get rid of the gut (not Spod it wasn't after you calling me a fat boy), does anyone know if they offer National Memberships? Or is it just valid at the one you sign up with?
    I'm a member of a Harold Lloyd gym, one of the classes is pullups on a clock face.

Comment

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
      I'm a member of a Harold Lloyd gym, one of the classes is pullups on a clock face.

Erm, ok thanks for sharing that one

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'm a member of David Lloyd, so I'll ask when I'm at the gym on Wednesday. Off the top of my head, I think you can.

Comment

If you fancy a gym then go for it, however you do not need one.

If you want to lose weight then you mainly want to clean up your diet. Adding in exercise as well would be even better but this can just be going for a jog/swim/bike ride a couple of times a week.

I train quite seriously and have done for a few years but have not been a member of a gym other than a few months ago when I was only able to train at lunch times and the client was in the city so there was no room to go outside and do stuff.

I was training on the street outside the client office (quiet road) but my wife bought me the insanity DVDs for our anniversary so I do that at home in the evening and some shadow boxing (kind of) in an unused conferance room at lunchtimes.

Do you have the books Infinite Intensity or Never Gymless? If you would like to get in better shape these are fantastic, the author personally replies to emails and regularly posts on the forum.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post

If you want to lose weight then you mainly want to clean up your diet. Adding in exercise as well would be even better but this can just be going for a jog/swim/bike ride a couple of times a week.

I train quite seriously and have done for a few years but have not been a member of a gym other than a few months ago when I was only able to train at lunch times and the client was in the city so there was no room to go outside and do stuff.

I was training on the street outside the client office (quiet road) but my wife bought me the insanity DVDs for our anniversary so I do that at home in the evening and some shadow boxing (kind of) in an unused conferance room at lunchtimes.

Do you have the books Infinite Intensity or Never Gymless? If you would like to get in better shape these are fantastic, the author personally replies to emails and regularly posts on the forum.
            I know diet will be a key thing, but I love swimming so if I had access to that I would be more inclined to go especially when working away, follow that with sauna or a steam room and my god I think I am turning into Wilmsolw

Comment

Correct, I would go further. Forget exercise for now and diet until you have hit your target weight. There is growing evidence exercising increasing your appetite and you end up eating more than you burn.

Comment

I know diet will be a key thing, but I love swimming so if I had access to that I would be more inclined to go especially when working away, follow that with sauna or a steam room and my god I think I am turning into Wilmsolw
                Sounds great, a good diet and some swimming would soon have you on your way!

Correct, I would go further. Forget exercise for now and diet until you have hit your target weight. There is growing evidence exercising increasing your appetite and you end up eating more than you burn.
                To the best of my knowledge this is not a bad thing as long as you eat the correct diet. You would build muscle whilst dropping fat, or am I mistaken?
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Sounds great, a good diet and some swimming would soon have you on your way!

To the best of my knowledge this is not a bad thing as long as you eat the correct diet. You would build muscle whilst dropping fat, or am I mistaken?
                  Yes maybe some light weights and eat enough protein.

Comment

Watch where you leave your car keys, I mate of mine had his Audi nicked from a David Lloyd gym (Bristol).

A guy in the car park rang his accomplice who had walked in through the kitchen and broke into his locker, it's happened twice since which was only a few months back so your security isn't at the forefront of their minds despite having all the CCTV footage of it happening the first time.

He's suing them for negligence.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X