• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Footballers are Jessies part 287

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footballers are Jessies part 287

PFA calls for netting around pitch to protect players after Rio Ferdinand is struck by coin during Manchester derby - Telegraph

Fooking netting? 100k a week plus and the fans can't get close?

Why does anyone pay any money to watch these jessies?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    PFA calls for netting around pitch to protect players after Rio Ferdinand is struck by coin during Manchester derby - Telegraph

That coin did quite a bit of damage, Ferdinand didn't deserve that even if he does play for the scum.

Comment

If that coin had hit him in the eye it could have been nasty. Also, once people realise that they can hit the players with projectiles coins will be sharpened, people will bring darts etc.

I have little respect for football players and no interest in football but I am not sure that this is that irrational.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Maybe we should just pen the fans in, oh hang on that might not be such a good idea!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          Also, once people realise that they can hit the players with projectiles coins will be sharpened, people will bring darts etc.
          Back in the good old days people were searched upon entry. Even copies of broadsheets were confiscated as they could be turned into something like an iron bar.

So one player gets hit. I have seen bikes get hit by cars. Should all cars be banned?

If it becomes a regular occurrence then reconsider. And I still reckon most rugby players would consider the injury minor - but then they are not over pampered wooftahs who want to be covered in cotton wool.

About time the players had a little respect for the fans. Even if most of them are so moronic they don't deserve it.

Comment

On the contrary. I think to play without losing focus in front of a baying mob shows guts. Taking a corner you are all on your own, pelted with abuse and projectiles. Rugby players don't get that.

Nets are not the answer. Banning the 'orrible little thugs is.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

So one player gets hit. I have seen bikes get hit by cars. Should all cars be banned?
              They get hit all the time - even in the same game at least one other player was.

If people brought cars to football matches to run down the players, they should be banned from football grounds.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Back in the good old days people were searched upon entry. Even copies of broadsheets were confiscated as they could be turned into something like an iron bar.

If it becomes a regular occurrence then reconsider. And I still reckon most rugby players would consider the injury minor - but then they are not over pampered wooftahs who want to be covered in cotton wool.

About time the players had a little respect for the fans. Even if most of them are so moronic they don't deserve it.
                Hang on Brillo. Ferdinand got the wound seen to. It drew blood so he had to be dealt with. Then returned to playing.

The lad's ok in my book.

Comment

Although it shows that football is not as expensive as the media is claiming if the fans have money to throw away
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    On the contrary. I think to play without losing focus in front of a baying mob shows guts.
                    With loads of stewards around in case someone earning less than 100k a week should dare to get near them. Of course if anyone should dare shout at them they can drop kick them.

Comment

Working...
                    X