• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accidental NSFW viewing in public. What's the etiquette?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidental NSFW viewing in public. What's the etiquette?

Was on a flight yesterday evening and watching Weeds Series 2 on my tablet. I had the window seat, there was an oldish guy to my right and a little old dear to his right. I was consciously aware that both were looking at my screen.

Weeds is, AFAIK, some sort of HBO, Showtime affair and so shouldn't contain anything too dodgy. It's a show about a suburban mom who starts dealing weed after her husband dies (desperate housewives meets breaking bad)

S02 E06
    Originally posted by IMDB
    Storyline
    Nancy buys Silas a car to help take his mind off Megan; Isabelle cuts Celia out of her management camp; Andy finally gets Yael into bed, but definitely not the way he intended; Shane likes a girl in his debate club, but doesn't know how to show it; Vaneeta is not happy with Heylia's relationship with Joseph; Conrad is not happy with Nancy's relationship with Peter, forcing Nancy to make a risky move.
    The scene between Andy (loser brother inlaw of the main character) and Yael (hot ex Israeli military woman whom Andy is trying to get into bed) is set with a bit of flirting, cut to him lying on a bed at which point she pulls a box out from underneath and takes out a massive strapon. WTF!

What would you do? Continue watching knowing it’s in full view of the oldies or, like me, hit the home key and play chess for the rest of the flight?

Carry on watching, its your content not theirs

If they disapprove then they can always look away!
    Join IPSE

Comment

I would shout out "gosh this is boring - it happened to me last week".

Then wait until someone complains.

Though if there were children around I would close it straight away. After Jimmy Savile one cannot be too careful.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Though if there were children around I would close it straight away. After Jimmy Savile one cannot be too careful.
        But Jimmy Savile was not a child!

Comment

It is a bit awkward when a film on a flight has a woman with her boobs out but generally the screens are so view-angle sensitive, I doubt anyone can see much. If you tilt your cahir you normally can't see your own screen properly!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

LOL I have been there. I loaded up the full season of Spartacus Blood and Sand on my phone for a long haul to Vegas. Kinda forgot they were at it every few minutes. I know people can't help looking at screens if you are playing something so felt very aware and had to keep covering the screen. In the end I gave up and just watched something on the inflight entertainment.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
              Carry on watching, its your content not theirs

If they disapprove then they can always look away!
              WHS

And if you're feeling a bit frisky then whip out the old fella and knock one out. If they disapprove they can always look away.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The best thing to have done is turn round to the people beside you ask ask "Wow, did you see that?? I've go to see that again..." and then play that section on a loop for a couple of minutes.. Every so often saying wow or "i never expected that".

Comment

Re: Accidental NSFW viewing in public. What's the etiquette?

From the title i thought you had accidently left a browser window open from the previous evening
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    From the title i thought you had accidently left a browser window open from the previous evening
                    The modern man's equivalent of "have I left the iron on" every time you get in the car.

Comment

Working...
                    X