• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to deal with creeps?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to deal with creeps?

Question asked by a friend of mine - advice welcome especially from women.

You sit on a floor of about 300 people, bang in the middle with your back to the MDs offices. The gym is downstairs so you are going to bump into a few.

You are in the gym every morning on the same rowing machine in front of sky sports at the same time. You are putting some effort in so you are a drippy mess, far cry from the matching-Nike-lycra glowing gym bunnies.

One of the MDs, wants to use the treadmill for about 20 mins most mornings. He has about 15 to choose from spanninng main gym floor.

He does his daily preliminary stretch on mat next to said rowing machine and then hops on treadmill right in front of you - you are now at eyelevel with his butcheeks. This morning he was late and you were having a bit if a stretch on the rowing machine just before you leave. He copies said stretch, looks you in the eye and gets on the treadmill infront of you as usual.

You are a female contractor 10+ years younder than him. You are about a foot taller than him.

What do you do?

1. Tw@t him because he is asking for it
    2. Sabotage the running machine so he has to go somewhere else
    3. Ask him if he has any daughters and what he would like to do to the man who did this to them
    4. Find the biggest/gayest personal trainer and bung him some cash to sort him out in the changing rooms
    Permie answer
    5. Take photos, speak to gym get cctv and go to HR

Been going on about 2 months, at the min I just think its wierd and pathetic, I am alot bigger than him so am not physically intimidated in the slightest.
    I'd take it more seriously if he didnt look like a little fraggle. But I know if that was happening to any of our juniors I'd corner him.

What to do?
    Tw@t him because he is asking for it
    0.00%
    Sabotage the running machine so he has to go somewhere else
    0.00%
    Ask him if he has any daughters and what he would like to do to the man who did this to them
    0.00%
    Find the biggest personal trainer and bung him some cash to sort him out
    0.00%
    Its andyw. Admin's fault for banning him.
    100.00%

This 'friend'... can't 'she' simply move to another machine once he is on the treadmill? Do it every day and see if he gets the pointed hint.

Or 'she' could call out in a loud cocky tone 'oi, I don't want to stare at your ugly arse'.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Has she tried continually changing rowing machine each day to see if he follows?
      Perhaps pick one without a running machine in front of it, logically if she is training hard she is not watching the news anyway.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

does he actually realise what he is doing? Is he doing anything sexual or is it just arrogance?

He probably picks that position so he can see the TV, that stinky contractor on the rowing machine can move if she wants to see it she is just 'the help'.

Who let those permatemps in his Gym anyway?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Contractors shouldn't be in there anyway. Hope she gets an IR35 inspection up her chuff.

Comment

as usual you have to understand that in the MD's eyes she is not a person but merely a thing to be toyed with and thrown away when he is bored.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              as usual you have to understand that in the MD's eyes she is not a person but merely a thing to be toyed with and thrown away when he is bored.
              As contractors, aren't we all?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Does this thread make any sense at all?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  As contractors, aren't we all?
                  only in a profesional sense not in a creepy sweaty pervert sense - that is a different sort of profession!

Comment

Just to save embarrassing yourself should option 1 be 'get someone else to twat him'?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X