• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prometheus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometheus

Couldn't find the original thread.

'Prometheus' Credits Tag Leads to a New Viral Site & Weyland Video | FirstShowing.net

has got some mildly interesting stuff about Wayland & all that.

It was a tulip film, but in one of the viral videos Dr Lisbeth Salander was asking Mike from Neighbours to fund her mission, a line flashes up that her call was coming from the Huntarian Museum. Then later on some geo-coordinates flash up which correspond to a location very close to Glasgow University where the Huntarian Museum resides. I thought that was quite neat, shame the rest of the film was so tulip though.

Comment

I liked it.

I can't remember where but I saw a viral that tied Weyland and Tyrell into the same universe which has led to speculation about tie ins with the Bladerunner prequel and inevitable Prometheus sequel.

Was David from the Nexus line?
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I finally got around to watching this last night. It was quite well made but the big weakness was why a company would spend a trillion dollars building a spaceship to investigate alien life, then crew it with cretins.

And another thing. Nobody in the making of this film - not the scriptwriters, the director, the film crew or the actors - knew the difference between Carbon Dioxide and Carbon Monoxide. Because if any one of them did, they'd have corrected possibly the most obvious error in the whole film.

What do we teach kids in school these days etc etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          I finally got around to watching this last night. It was quite well made but the big weakness was why a company would spend a trillion dollars building a spaceship to investigate alien life, then crew it with cretins.

CUK collective space mission?

Film was a major letdown. Acting for laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            CUK collective space mission?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Fear not Alex. You will only be invited if extra ballast is required.
              With MF as payload you probably won't need to pack either.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Big brother the movie?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

A bigger question is why those cretins in the future don't watch horror movies ...

Comment

This sums the movie up for me:

Everything Wrong With Prometheus In 4 Minutes Or Less - YouTube
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X