• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Balancing Motorbike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Balancing Motorbike

BBC News - It will take a 'baby elephant' to knock over this bike
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Well, until they make a production one of these I'm not getting too excited just yet!

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I've never ridden a motorbike but I have ridden bikes a lot and isn't the whole point that bikes are self-balancing anyway once they are moving?

Any bikers able to refute that?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I've never ridden a motorbike but I have ridden bikes a lot and isn't the whole point that bikes are self-balancing anyway once they are moving?

This is more of a 2 wheeled car, completely enclosed so you never have to stick your feet out.

Well I'm impressed.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

In my time as a biker I only came off twice; once was on black ice, and the other was when I hit a kerb through not concentrating. This thing wouldn't have helped in either case.

Pretty cool though. Of course you don't have to look further than a human to see something able to self balance, well most of the time anyway.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Re: Self Balancing Motorbike

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                In my time as a biker I only came off twice; once was on black ice, and the other was when I hit a kerb through not concentrating. This thing wouldn't have helped in either case.

Pretty cool though. Of course you don't have to look further than a human to see something able to self balance, well most of the time anyway.
                It would stay upright in both of those situations.
                Of course on the ice the bike would still be sliding sideways but it would be doing so upright.
                When hitting a kerb it would have to be very fast and sideways in order to overcome the force of the gyroscopes
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Isn't the whole point of motorbikes to be able to get through the traffic easily? So width causes more issues?

Comment

Working...
                  X