• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Within You, Without You

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Within You, Without You

The mourning of hippies can be heard across the world, Ravi Shankar RIP
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
    Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
    Hare Rama Hare Rame
    Rama Rama Hare Hare

Love love
    Love love
    Drop out
    Drop out
    Be in
    Be in

Take trips get high
    Laugh joke and good bye
    Beat drum and old tin pot
    I'm high on you know what
    Marijuana marijuana
    Juana juana mari mari
    High high high high
    Way way up here
    Ionosphere

Beads, flowers, freedom, happiness
    Beads, flowers, freedom, happiness
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Not just hippies; he was one of the world's greatest Indian classical musicians - a canon which has a considerably longer history than Western civilisation's

I've always liked that moment at the start of the Concert for Bangladesh when he and his fellow Indian musicians check their tuning briefly, preparatory to playing a dhun. As they pause afterwards, the audience applauds; to which he responds, "Thank you. If you enjoy the tuning so much, I hope you will enjoy the playing also."

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Not just hippies; he was one of the world's greatest Indian classical musicians - a canon which has a considerably longer history than Western civilisation's
        Yep.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I've always liked that moment at the start of the Concert for Bangladesh when he and his fellow Indian musicians check their tuning briefly, preparatory to playing a dhun. As they pause afterwards, the audience applauds; to which he responds, "Thank you. If you enjoy the tuning so much, I hope you will enjoy the playing also."
        Teehee. I can't dig up a web reference to this, but "Shah Music" is the name given to the sound of classical musicians tuning up before a concert.

Why? Because after attending a classical music in the West, the Shah of Persia was asked which piece he liked most, and he said "The first one before they started playing the other stuff" (or words to that effect).
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Has to be said, Within You, Without You was the famously crap George Harrison song on what was otherwise one of the best albums of all time.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
          X