• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People in the work place who have 2 stage personalities.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People in the work place who have 2 stage personalities.

Whereas most people can slip from chit chat to work chat with ease using the same delivery and style for both some people seem to have differing personalities for each.

On the one had they deliver chit chat a bit too loudly (in the arse in the pub you don't want to speak to way) but when they drop into work chat they get that little bit too intense, staring at people, long pauses, bit of patronisation, and the all to familiar whisper to the group just quiet enough so that everyone outwith the conversation knows they are whispering.

I think they are shooting for that "I can laugh it up with the guys but when the chips are down I get serious" thing but they just sound like tossers.

I don't know if there is a name for it but is this a behaviour noticed by others? Seems to be feckin' hundreds in here.

I'm the other way round. Quite quiet socially, but in the office I have to be quite direct to get anything done. Especially when dealing with Bob.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I try not to talk to anyone, both in work and socially.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I'm the same whatever. Obviously some things you don't discuss in the office, but I only have one personality.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I think they watched quincy and mash too much when they were young.

Comment

Working...
          X