• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life´s tough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life´s tough

Middle Class Poor
    I'm alright Jack

I have a ridiculous skincare habit because I’m so allergic. It only takes one product containing the wrong ingredients and I come out in blotches. Sourced from the foothills of the Himalayas, my beloved rose Face Oil (£68 for 30ml) by organic skincare brand ILA, contains rose damascene, which costs £8,000 a litre wholesale. I’ve tried cheaper brands and burned my face. Not a good look.
    In my 40s, I never really thought about the ageing process, but now it’s scary. My eyesight (minus 12) is so bad, they can’t make contact lenses any stronger.
    I’m too short-sighted for laser surgery and Lasik (where they replace the lens in your eye) sounds promising, but we’re talking £1,095 an eye.

------------------------------

1, drink more water
    2. wear glasses

she has a fooking nerve wingeing about how poor she is.

Comment

If I was going to go trolling on Mumsnet, I would have written that almost verbatim.

It's just another DM charicature IMHO.

Comment

Looks like she couldn't afford a proofreader for that little article either...

Comment

After four years of working in a newspaper office with a regular salary, my contract came to an end and wasn’t renewed
          Disguised employee

LOL serves her right.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            If I was going to go trolling on Mumsnet, I would have written that almost verbatim.

It's just another DM charicature IMHO.
            just balancing the single mum benefits scrounger.

would have thought they could find someone more sympathetic. There must be loads of families on £40k struggling through no real fault of their own (overstretched, unexpected bill etc).
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've just read the full article. It could happen to anyone.

Comment

bit confused as to what this is all about..

seems to be

I used to earn £x per year and spent it and saved nothing and effectively my outgoings equalled my incomings

I now earn £1/2x per year and therefore my outgoings > incomings and I am getting into debt.

So what it is not rocket science to understand why

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  There must be loads of families on £40k struggling through no real fault of their own (overstretched, unexpected bill etc).
                  Sure, take your average divorcee for example. One party gets the former marital home with a mortgage rate based on two incomes. The other has to rent or acquire a new mortgage often at less favourably monthly costs than the joint one. Add to that that two now single households all have their own other fixed costs and you end up with two people swiftly moving from comfortable to struggling - even without either party taking a cut in their individual salary. Just one of many possible scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    bit confused as to what this is all about..

seems to be

I used to earn £x per year and spent it and saved nothing and effectively my outgoings equalled my incomings

I now earn £1/2x per year and therefore my outgoings > incomings and I am getting into debt.

So what it is not rocket science to understand why
                    Oh yeah, didn't think of that. Of course her utility bills, council tax and mortgage will have halved too, won't they?

Comment

Working...
                    X