• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New concept in crime punishment: the Scumthesizer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New concept in crime punishment: the Scumthesizer

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 6 June 2022, 17:38.

I'll have whatever he's been drinking.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Sounds splendid but i'd ditch the keyboard and wire it up to a sequentix cirklon.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Like this then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J04gTJvynjg
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Your initial premise is flawed:

"Figure 4 [above] shows increases in the number of violent incidents measured by the CSEW from the early eighties to 1995. This was followed by a period of steep decreases, with the latest estimates being 20 per cent lower than those observed from the 2006/07 survey, and 53 per cent lower than in 1995. The CSEW estimated nearly 3 in every 100 adults were a victim of violent crime in the last year, according to the year ending June 2012 survey, compared with just over 5 in 100 adults in the 1995 survey.

"The level of violence against the person recorded by the police in the year ending June 2012 showed a 6 per cent fall compared with the previous year (Tables 6a and 6b). Offences of violence with injury decreased by 8 per cent while offences involving no injury fell by 5 per cent. This is consistent with the downward trend seen since 2006/07. The latest levels of violence against the person have fallen by 29 per cent from 2006/07, and by 12 per cent from 2002/03."

- more at Crime in England and Wales, year ending June 2012

(Cue some idiot claiming that the reduction under Major's government was real, that under Blair's/Brown's was all lies, and that under Cameron's unelected coalition is real again.)

Comment

Your initial premise is flawed:
            Or maybe yours is. Violence includes that by those known to the victim, like family or gang related, punch ups down the pub, football hooligans etc. The premise was "Innocent people being brutalised on a daily basis by complete strangers without provocation"

Street crime including muggings are up:

MUGGINGS shot up last year as the slump fuelled the biggest leap in street theft for a decade, new figures revealed yesterday.

Robberies, bag snatches, pick-pocketing and other “theft from the person” was up a staggering 10% with police logging almost 100,000 offences in 2011.

Stolen smart phones, iPods and other popular gadgets are also thought to be behind the largest year on year increase since 2002.

There were 15,552 knife-point hold-ups reported to officers last year, up 9% from 14,246 in the previous 12 months and there was a 2% rise in serious sex offences.
            Crime rates: Muggings and robberies rise 10% as police cuts bite - Mirror Online
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

A rise in all crime is invertible in a recession
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Anyway, ignoring the tedious turn in an imaginitive thread, great idea. Maybe we could combine with mine of criminal analysis of new borns, based on little piggy eye index etc, and just send likely offenders straight to prison from the maternity ward. Save a lot of police time.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  A rise in all crime is invertible in a recession
                  at the risk of sounding pedantic ..

inevitable
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X