• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Random incident at London Euston train station last night.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random incident at London Euston train station last night.....

Made my way with my London Midland First Class ticket to the First Class lounge to be told it was only for Scotrail and Virgin ticket holders, they do not like the scum travelling on London Midland.

So went to the pub next door for a quick half.

The Britannia bar in Euston overlooks the concourse, and has a balcony.

I was sat on the balcony next to three blokes who had a video camera, talked about 14 hits out of 20 attempts and taking secret photos of people they were targetting. Also something about phoning people from different phones.

Found a policeman on the concourse, I said not to look up and make it obvious, he gave me a good description of the person I was talking about, as he also clocked something was odd, thanked me for the intelligence, and was on his way to feel his collar.

??

So how do the seating policies of various rail companies relate to the people taking pictures

I'm not quite seeing the joined up picture here

edit: OK, so their policies meant you wanted to wait for a Midland train, which is why you went to the pub. But what did you think the guys with the video camera were up to?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Up skirt?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        ??

So how do the seating policies of various rail companies relate to the people taking pictures

I'm not quite seeing the joined up picture here

edit: OK, so their policies meant you wanted to wait for a Midland train, which is why you went to the pub. But what did you think the guys with the video camera were up to?
        Yep, went to the First Class lounge, got bounced despite having a perfectly valid 1st ticket so went to the pub.

Personally I reckon the guys were either undercover detectives, but why talk about how many hits they had from 20 attempts? This did not stack up.

The video camera and using iphone for taking pics did not sound very professional.

I am thinking more along the lines of getting peoples PIN numbers from buying things in the shops / bars, or ATM's (They also had notebooks with details of numbers in).

All felt very - wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
          I am thinking more along the lines of getting peoples PIN numbers from buying things in the shops / bars, or ATM's (They also had notebooks with details of numbers in).
          Ah yes, that could be it.

(Filming from a balcony doesn't seem a very productive way of getting views up womens' skirts, unless the floor is tiled with mirrors!)
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

They also had notebooks with details of numbers in.
            Trainspotters having a pint?

or instead of upskirt, down blouse cleavage shots?

Comment

Made my way with my London Midland First Class ticket to the First Class lounge to be told it was only for Scotrail and Virgin ticket holders, they do not like the scum travelling on London Midland.
              Go online and purchase a 1st class Anytime day single from Edinburgh Waverley to Edinburgh Haymarket, and select to collect the ticket from a fast-ticket collection machine at Euston. Cost £2.70
              Collect the ticket and make your way to the first class lounge.

They have to admit you because you have a valid first class ticket on Scotrail and Virgin.
              There is nowhere in the terms and conditions that states that the first class lounge has to be on the route of the ticket, or that you have to have used the ticket. I know cos I've checked

Comment

Sounds like #21 has been lined up.

Comment

So went to the pub next door for a quick half.

The Britannia bar in Euston overlooks the concourse, and has a balcony.

I was sat on the balcony next to three blokes who had a video camera, talked about 14 hits out of 20 attempts and taking secret photos of people they were targetting. Also something about phoning people from different phones.

Found a policeman on the concourse, I said not to look up and make it obvious, he gave me a good description of the person I was talking about, as he also clocked something was odd, thanked me for the intelligence, and was on his way to feel his collar.
                  The First Class lounge at Euston is tulipe. In fact every First Class lounge I've used on the rail network has been a bit rubbish, except on those days when it's freezing cold and the train has been delayed. Then they're a ******* godsend.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

The First Class Lounge at Farnborough, to my horreur, has been the gent's urinals.

Can't recommend the cocktails served with the pink toilet block...
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X