• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dry January

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry January

I always stop drinking after New Year's Eve until around St Valentine's Day. Mostly just to give my body and brain a chance to recover but also tend to lose weight as well. Anyone else have a "Dry January"?
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I always stop drinking after New Year's Eve until around St Valentine's Day. Mostly just to give my body and brain a chance to recover but also tend to lose weight as well. Anyone else have a "Dry January"?
    I don't really drink, but let go whole sale for a few weeks XMas - New Year and a little beyond.

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I might this year.
        I've gone dry for 6 weeks before when I was training for a competition. As soon as I stepped out of the ring I had a couple of beers. It went right to my head.

Comment

Re: Dry January

I've done it before. I don't think I quite made it to Feb, but did significantly cut down. It wasn't really Christmas and New Year related, I just decided I was probably drinking too much and thought it was time to give it a rest.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            It's ok Mich, he was asking the other people. Don't Panic!

Comment

It won't make diddly squat difference to your weight or your brain by March so why bother !?

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                Thread nicker

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                  Thread nicker
                  Ha ha, just thought it was worthy of it's own thread and you're just jealous.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                    It won't make diddly squat difference to your weight or your brain by March so why bother !?
                    Of course it will.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X