• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Effing Americans and guns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

27 dead..

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717?

It is sad to see...and they seem to occuring with greater frequency these days.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Response from an American 'friend'....

"Maybe now teachers will be allowed to carry guns. "

FFS...

Comment

Utterly tragic

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Response from an American 'friend'....

"Maybe now teachers will be allowed to carry guns. "

FFS...
        There is a level of sense to it. The problem in America is there are so many guns floating around everyone basically have to have a gun to gain parity. Additionally attempts to curtail them will result in a crime spike.

Comment

those yanks yet again.

may the world live in peace.
          one day at a time

Comment

Its a tricky one... as Chris Rock said .. the problem is not gun control its bullet control ! ... slap a massive tax on bullets... making them 1000% more expensive and then make these bozos think twice about shooting what would be the equivalent of silver bullets at poor innocents.

Comment

Re: Effing Americans and guns

I thought Connecticut was meant to be one of the nice, less insane bits? Obviously not.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It's a big worry for me. I have to decide whether to move here next year and put my kids into the American schooling system. It's the one big concern for me. I just don't like their school system & I'm not sure I want to my kids into it. Seems an age of innocent lost.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
                  Its a tricky one... as Chris Rock said .. the problem is not gun control its bullet control ! ... slap a massive tax on bullets... making them 1000% more expensive and then make these bozos think twice about shooting what would be the equivalent of silver bullets at poor innocents.
                  1000 rounds of unjacketed .22 long .... $18.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                    1000 rounds of unjacketed .22 long .... $18.
                    Most septics I know who are into guns have the kit to not quite make their own rounds but repack or whatever from the parts if that makes sense?

I suppose that makes the even ammo cheaper and harder to control.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X