• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

cardiff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cardiff

Got a gig on Cardiff comming up for 6 months thinking about renting a place. Any ideas. Anyone rented there before? Found the Altollusso Bute Terrace, think thats the spelling.
    Gerrrrrrrrrraaaaaaardddddddd. Wot a Hit son, what a hit!

Janey's the man for you.
    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Cardiff Bay is probably cheapest as all the 'prop developers' bought buy-to-lets and they're still building new ones so the market must be flooded.

HTH

Comment

Cheers, I'll give a PM
        Gerrrrrrrrrraaaaaaardddddddd. Wot a Hit son, what a hit!

Comment

Originally posted by 1yearlater
          Got a gig on Cardiff comming up for 6 months thinking about renting a place. Any ideas. Anyone rented there before? Found the Altollusso Bute Terrace, think thats the spelling.
          Keep away from these area's

Splott
          Riverside
          Grangetown
          Ely

These all have their social problems

Central locations

The Bay is okay
          Most parts of Canton are okay

Just outside Locations (1 to 2 stops by train)

The Heath
          Roath

In short you'll know better area's by the cost of rent
          Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
            Keep away from these area's

Splott
            Riverside
            Grangetown
            Ely

These all have their social problems
            Estate Agent Speak

Splott - Roath
            Riverside - Lower Pontcanna
            G'town - Lower Lower Pontcanna
            Ely - An up and coming area with 'affordable' housing.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
              Janey's the man for you.
              oi you fecker!
              "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
                Cardiff Bay is probably cheapest as all the 'prop developers' bought buy-to-lets and they're still building new ones so the market must be flooded.

HTH
                it's not the cheapest tho. Living in the city is cheapest.

Most people go out in the city centre, perhaps having a few drinks in the bay beforehand. I don't know much about renting in teh city centre but as for the bay your choices are:

century wharf - a bit like a patrolled police state! It's the biggest residential build in europe. It started about 3 yers ago and they've still got another 3 years to go... unfortunately the buildings that were built first are already looking and feeling very run down... it's got a really lovely gym and swimming pool though. heaven forbid you leave your car somewhere you shouldn't for 2 minutes though, you'll be clamped immediately.

Water Quarter - weird place. Very expensive and not a 90 degree angle in the place. The overall building is a circle or semi circle or something and as a consequence all the rooms are bizarre shapes.

Celestia - still very much a building site but there are some finished flats. Not been in them so can't say much other than they're across the road form where I work.

Prospect Place - bit further out of the bay... nearer Penarth than the bay really, nice swimming pool and small (but adequate) gym... no sauna like century wharf though but the jacuzzi is great

Isis - don't know haven't been but it's fairly near the centre of the bay.

Personally I chose the Bay because that's where I work as well and it's nice to be able to walk in... although the torrential rain is a tad off putting.

btw who are you working with!?
                "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

the yard's a nice place for a beer ... say hi to katja (from latvia I think) if you pop in ...

Comment

Working...
                  X