• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security at Heathrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security at Heathrow

Just flown into CopenhAgen

Nearly didnt get here because my partner suddenly discovered a knife in his bag. A bag he hadn't used in years with a thousand pockets in rwhich to lose something for it to reappear at the most inopportune moment.

So he came clean. Security woman looked at it ans said that the blade locked so was therefore an offensive weapon.

He was detained and subjectef to the 3rd degree by the police. Only his poor little country boy lost in the big city act got him off.

I understand the need for security etc but this really was completely over the top.

So you declared on landing? Was it hand luggage or hold luggage?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      So you declared on landing? Was it hand luggage or hold luggage?
      Hand luggage.

No declared it at security. Didn't know he had it. He was hoping there was someplace to leave it so he could collect it on way back or even have it posted

Comment

I tried to fly out of Heathrow with a Gerber Multi-tool that I'd forgotten about in my rucksack.

The xray thingy found it and they said I could go back out and send it home or they could dispose of it.

I looked back at the queue for security and asked them to dispose of it. I guess someone in Heathrow security now has a very nice Gerber multi-tool.

However, they didn't make any fuss about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bathing With Peter View Post
          Hand luggage.

No declared it at security. Didn't know he had it. He was hoping there was someplace to leave it so he could collect it on way back or even have it posted
          Lost a couple of Swiss Army knives that way. Then again did open my laptop bag recently on the plane to find I'd left one in and they hasn't spotted it!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Quite reassuring to know that heathrow security are doing their job. Though IMO they should have prosecuted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bathing With Peter View Post
              Hand luggage.

Thems the rules. Well publicised rules btw, (and unfortunate though they are) there are no places to leave stuff
              What would you expect the security people to do in those circumstances?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Except some airports do provide such a service. In this instance the weapon itself was not legal it appears.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Try bringing a musical instrument on board as hand luggage. In the hold it will get destroyed (been there), so it goes as far as the plane then some bimbo says it has to go in the hold.

**** that, get my luggage out and I'll get a later flight or another airline usually works.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    Try bringing a musical instrument on board as hand luggage. In the hold it will get destroyed (been there), so it goes as far as the plane then some bimbo says it has to go in the hold.

**** that, get my luggage out and I'll get a later flight or another airline usually works.
                    I was on an easyjet flight with a bloke with a big instrument (ooh er). He was told he should have bought it a seat. In the end they found somewhere at the back of the plane to stash it.

Comment

Working...
                    X