• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More wisdom from an unexpected quarter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More wisdom from an unexpected quarter

Every now and then, people whose views one normally totally loathes come out with things one can totally agree with. Can't remember what it was but Polly Toynbee actually said something sensible once.

Today it's Hamas:

Palestinian officials say Tony Blair shouldn't take it personally, but he should pack up his desk at the Office of the Quartet Representative in Jerusalem and go home. They say his job, and the body he represents, are "useless, useless, useless"
    Good stuff chaps, although I would quibble with "shouldn't take it personally". He should. This self serving, self enriching, egotistical piece of crap should go to the nearest tree and hang himself.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Every now and then, people whose views one normally totally loathes come out with things one can totally agree with. Can't remember what it was but Polly Toynbee actually said something sensible once.

Today it's Hamas:

Good stuff chaps, although I would quibble with "shouldn't take it personally". He should. This self serving, self enriching, egotistical piece of crap should go to the nearest tree and hang himself.
    Yes, Hamas got this one right, but Polly Toynbee saying something sensible is just a bit too far fetched for me.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I remember - just once - reading a Polly Toynbee article and agreeing with it wholeheartedly. I had to go and lie down afterward, I felt so ashamed of myself.
      Last edited by RasputinDude; 17 December 2012, 10:17. Reason: too stupid to type all the words

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
        I remember - just once - reading a Polly Toynbee article and agreeing with it wholeheartedly. I had to go and lie down afterward, I felt so ashamed of myself.
        I think it would be easier to just change your opinion afterwards.

Comment

I don't think he should go home. I think he should go to North Korea.

Comment

So Polly didn't say it? She's just repeating what Hamas said!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Yes, Hamas got this one right, but Polly Toynbee saying something sensible is just a bit too far fetched for me.
              Now you're just being silly. She not infrequently says something sensible. What is rarer is something unexpected and incisive.
              Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                Now you're just being silly. She not infrequently says something sensible. What is rarer is something unexpected and incisive.
                You mean she says 'Good Morning' to people in the office?

Comment

You mean she says 'Good Morning' to people in the office?
                  There's no way that she talks to the proles.

Comment

The most intelligent thing that ever came out of my wife's mouth was my penis.

Comment

Working...
                    X