• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fire Alarm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Alarm

…just went off at ClientCo. After we'd all checked for the email warning us it was being tested, and found there wasn't one, we trooped outside and down the road to the assembly point.

The appointed ones in hi-vis tabards went around their groups ticking everybody on their lists. Turned out my name wasn't on the list

There wasn't any fire. Back to work

Your charred corpse will be a good pointed for not being within IR35
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      So you could have burned to death in peace?
      Apparently so. At least I now know, for when the building actually does burn down.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Your charred corpse will be a good pointed for not being within IR35
      Good point!

Comment

All gone now.

Another enterprise that fallen prey to the ZeitFate(tm).
        Being eaten by ?

Comment

All gone now.

Another enterprise that fallen prey to the ZeitFate(tm).
          You wish - company perhaps but Enterprise, never

Comment

I usually end up on my own standing away from the huddled masses when the fire alarm goes off. I'm never on the list and it gives me a chance for an impromptu smoke break

Comment

Some years ago fire alarm went off at client co. Policy was that fire marshals contact security who would give the OK to evacuate. The fire marshals blocked the exit for ten minutes until security gave directions to evacuate via the west stairs . Halfway down we realised there is a fire at the bottom of the west stairs. We had to go back up and across the building. Security had given the wrong information.

The moral is; if there is a fire, just leave regardless of the fire marshals
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The other year I was just about to leave then-ClientCo at about quarter past six when the fire alarm went off. I left via the fire exit and went with the permies to the assembly point in the car park, where we chatted away until given the all clear. Then I walked in the back door and straight out the front. 45 extra minutes invoiced

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The other year I was just about to leave then-ClientCo at about quarter past six when the fire alarm went off. I left via the fire exit and went with the permies to the assembly point in the car park, where we chatted away until given the all clear. Then I walked in the back door and straight out the front. 45 extra minutes invoiced
                  Sir, you are a true contractor

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    The moral is; if there is a fire, just leave regardless of the fire marshals
                    The moral is, protect yourself and never except the numpties you work with to protect you.

Comment

Working...
                    X