• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear, the neighbour's son has kicked off again...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear, the neighbour's son has kicked off again...

This might be a bit Wilmslowesque, but our nextdoor neighbours have two sons, one of whom has run the full gamut of ADHD, petty crime, a series of failed jobs and is now a fully blown psychiatric patient who starts howling and wailing whenever his medication wears off. I can hear him now, making wolf noises, stamping his feet and smashing things up. His father has now screamed at him and they're out in the garden yelling at each other.

I don't really like the idea of getting involved but sometimes I think I should call the police.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    This might be a bit Wilmslowesque, but our nextdoor neighbours have two sons, one of whom has run the full gamut of ADHD, petty crime, a series of failed jobs and is now a fully blown psychiatric patient who starts howling and wailing whenever his medication wears off. I can hear him now, making wolf noises, stamping his feet and smashing things up. His father has now screamed at him and they're out in the garden yelling at each other.

I don't really like the idea of getting involved but sometimes I think I should call the police.
    Do you have a clear shot?

Comment

If you call the police will it help? Or will it make no difference?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

And some people dont believe in karma.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          BOOM! Headshot!!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            No, but I have Pollo alla Cacciatora in the pot, a rather good bottle of Vernaccia and explaining to the police why the neighbour's head is splattered across the wall while I have a shotgun in my hand might just ruin my plans for this evening.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              No, but I have Pollo alla Cacciatora in the pot, a rather good bottle of Vernaccia and explaining to the police why the neighbour's head is splattered across the wall while I have a shotgun in my hand might just ruin my plans for this evening.
              Fair point.

Comment

If they are just smashing things and yelling at each other you can ignore it. Once one tries to beat the cr*p out of the other you have to get involved and call the police.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  If they are just smashing things and yelling at each other you can ignore it. Once one tries to beat the cr*p out of the other you have to get involved and call the police.
                  Excellent risk assessment that woman!
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Silver bullets for werewolves I believe.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X