• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Australian wine is bottled in........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Australian wine is bottled in........

A London postcode.

Why?!?

Cheaper to ship over in tanks and bottle in UK rather than bottle, label and ship over?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Cheaper to ship over in tanks and bottle in UK rather than bottle, label and ship over?
      +1 and because you're a cheapskate buying cheap plonk.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It seems estate-bottled wine was uncommon until it was popularised by Baron Philippe de Rothschild in the 1920s, but bulk-shipped wine is enjoying a resurgence, particularly for wines from the upside-down regions of the world: The estate-bottled wine anomaly

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
          A London postcode.

Why?!?
          less duty to pay
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
            A London postcode.

Why?!?
            They ship it in bulk form as wine concentrate then bottle it here.

Comment

Because Earls Court is also known as Kangeroo Valley

Comment

We drove around Aus in 2002/2003 and at the end, we went to the Barossa valley and partook in some wine tasting. I was partial to a particular vinyard (even at home), so decided to buy a few cases. Promptly loaded up the kombi with the wine, and asked how to prepare it for shipping. I was told, quite abruptly, well, you can't, it would spoil the wine. I was quite put out, to be honest. But the next 4 weeks were a fairly drunken affair, made worse by my wife carrying our first baby, which meant I had to drink it all on my own...

I had no idea, I thought you could ship wine very easily, but apparently not.

Comment

Working...
                X