• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone do trading on the side?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone do trading on the side?

Was browsing the net the other day when some spam window popped up in background and a video was playing demonstrating trading with binary options, out of curiosity I watched it just

Now I know absolutely nothing about trading but the concepts they were talking about and the demonstration shown seemed fairly logical method of attacking trading

Anyway I was just interested to hear if people have any experience in this sort of trading? how do you fair?

As it was shown on some spam pop up its more than likely to be bollocks but it just pricked my curiosity.

The vid in question is this.

http://youtu.be/NzcxR3DHStg

If it was that simple no-one would we work we all sit at home trading on the internet.

I don´t think there´s any harm in having a "dabble" for a bit of fun, but in the end the vast majority of day traders get wiped out.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Financial analysts have shown that on average there is no such thing as a trend in share prices. This is as a result of many market participants looking out for trends such that as soon as a trend becomes apparent, traders put on positions resulting in a price movement the result of which is there is little or no further likelyhood of the trend continuing.
      Since these traders have much faster computers than you, with closer links to exchanges, and very low trading fees, they are the only ones who have any chance of profiting from trends in the markets.

You will lose money.

Comment

Some very good advice in this thread. It's about spread betting but since trading is a similar type of gambling, it still holds true.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...betting-2.html
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Also you might want to PM Santa Claus. He is a day trader IRL. I worked with him at an IB a few years ago.

Though since assguru kept insulting him he might not be bothered to talk to anyone. But his methods do work!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Some very good advice in this thread. It's about spread betting but since trading is a similar type of gambling, it still holds true.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...betting-2.html
            I have been doing spreadbetting for years on cricket. I have won some, and lost some, but am up quite a bit. My favourite was in the Oval test vs Sri Lanka in 98. I was a member at Surrey, and knew the pitch was a burner. We'd score 450 smething, and the spread on SL was 250-275. Way too low. So I bought SL. Muralis match spread was 6-8 wickets so I bought him too. SL scored 600 odd, and Murali took 16 wickets. Jayasuriya nonchelantly square cuting Ben Holliaoke for 6 still sticks in the memory. I made a bundle of money.

I think spreadbetting is fine, as long as you know the subject area. I am pretty obsessed with Cricket and have done very well playing it, when I can see, what I believe, is an obvious anomaly in the bets, I pile in. Over the years, they (the ones who set the spread) have got better by employing ex cricketers, but they still make mistakes, and I have a punt from my pot. I have tried other sports, and have been burnt a little, although I made money on Lewis Hamilton outqualifying Button for 2012.

If you really think you know an area, Spreadbetting is fine, in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
              Was browsing the net the other day when some spam window popped up in background and a video was playing demonstrating trading with binary options, out of curiosity I watched it just

Now I know absolutely nothing about trading but the concepts they were talking about and the demonstration shown seemed fairly logical method of attacking trading

Anyway I was just interested to hear if people have any experience in this sort of trading? how do you fair?

As it was shown on some spam pop up its more than likely to be bollocks but it just pricked my curiosity.

The vid in question is this.

http://youtu.be/NzcxR3DHStg
              No one who makes money trading would ever post a video on the internet saying how they do it.
              You would instead quietly make the money and run all the way to bank.
              The trading industry is chock full of charlatans and snake oil salesmen who make fortunes selling systems and courses to
              the dreaming public who are desperate for an easy way to make money trading.

Stay away from 'over the counter' (OTC) Binaries the bid/ask spread can be huge. By OTC binaries i mean the ones offered by the bucket shops like the web page shown in the video. In many cases these bucket shops dont even offer a two sided market.

You would probably be better off with exchange traded binaries like betfair, although that is mainly sports binaries.
              Last edited by Iron Condor; 18 December 2012, 09:22.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                If it was that simple no-one would we work we all sit at home trading on the internet
                Some of us do

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Condor View Post
                  No one who makes money doing anything would ever post a video on the internet saying how they do it.
                  You would instead quietly make the money and run all the way to bank.
                  All industries are chock full of charlatans and snake oil salesmen who make fortunes selling systems and courses to
                  the dreaming public who are desperate for an easy way to make money doing very little.
                  Simplified

Comment

Working...
                  X