• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which London Museum?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which London Museum?

I'm taking a trip to London on 27th Dec with Gf chef and seeing as I've never been would like to visit either the Natural History Museum or the Science Museum.

As I'll only have enough time for one museum, which would you say is better/worth the visit ?
    Science museum
    61.90%
    Natural history museum
    28.57%
    I'm AndyW and therefore know everything/neither/other option
    9.52%
    Last edited by chef; 18 December 2012, 06:03.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Natural History. Dinosaurs, blue whales. Say no more.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I prefer the Science I must admit, more games, planes, and other weird tulip.

But, to be frank, they're both excellent, and whichever one you choose will be a lovely day out.

Comment

I was a bit disappointed in the Natural History museum last time I went.

Lots of dusty stuffed animals in glass boxes.

Comment

I took Pogle Jr to the natural History museum a year or so back and we had a great time. If you do choose to go there, see if they still do the spirit of the museum tour (I think that's what its called). You have to book it at the information desk on the day and its for adults and older children. They take you down in to the research labs and the storage ares where they keep the samples and we saw Archie the giant squid preserved in formaldehyde. Also a coelacanth in a jar and one securely locked cupboard which contained samples that Darwin had bought back from the Galapagos Islands. We loved it
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

took the sprogs to both a weeks ago, did the science first and they really liked it lots for them todo and a couple of educational shows were put on

they were a bit tired by the time we got the Natural but they were probably a bit too young to appreciate it

if you've got young uns then def do the science but both are pretty cool

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              I prefer the Science I must admit, more games, planes, and other weird tulip.

But, to be frank, they're both excellent, and whichever one you choose will be a lovely day out.
              WOHS.

Can't go wrong with either tbh.

Is your girlfriend arty or analytical?

Not knowing her I'd say go to the Natural History Museum, the building alone will knock her socks off, but there's beauty in both.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I have not been back to the natural history museum since we ate lunch there and Mrs BP encouraged elder son (then 3) to eat his food. He promptly threw up EVERYWHERE!

Personally I reckon both museums are a long way out of London. Its a long walk from the tube. In 1966 my mother used to drive and we parked right outside the front entrance of Natural History. Those were the days.

I would go to Museum of London. Quite close to St Pauls.

Comment

As they are virtually next door to each other you may get a chance to have a look at both.

Comment

Which London Museum?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Personally I reckon both museums are a long way out of London. Its a long walk from the tube.
                    Couple of minutes from South Ken tube. Hardly out in the sticks

Comment

Working...
                    X