• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muslims stirring it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslims stirring it

Muslim leaders demand exemption from gay marriage laws - Telegraph

But the Culture Secretary has made it expressly illegal for the Church of England and the Church in Wales to conduct same-sex weddings.
    She added that any religious group was allowed to “opt in” and perform ceremonies if they wish.

So no-one is telling them to allow gay marriages. So WTF is there problem?

CoE are different as it is the national religion. Plenty of other religions are happy - Catholics etc. Why do muslims have to make a fuss?

So they are demanding to be exempted from something they are exempt from.

Comment

They're being discriminated against because they're allowed to discriminate against without it being in law... I think...
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Muslim leaders demand exemption from gay marriage laws - Telegraph

But the Culture Secretary has made it expressly illegal for the Church of England and the Church in Wales to conduct same-sex weddings.
        She added that any religious group was allowed to “opt in” and perform ceremonies if they wish.

So no-one is telling them to allow gay marriages. So WTF is there problem?

CoE are different as it is the national religion. Plenty of other religions are happy - Catholics etc. Why do muslims have to make a fuss?

Comment

<mod snip>
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 20 December 2012, 10:02. Reason: Inappropriate content
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I found it weird CofE wanted to be exempt from having to make the choice, since the new laws explicitly state no church can be pressured into doing gay marriage or sued for refusing to do it.

BUT if CofE can have an exemption, why not other groups. Seems a bit of a pickle to me, whichever side of the fence you're on.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
              So they are demanding to be exempted from something they are exempt from.
              Exactly like the Church of England did.

No parish will be forced to have a gay wedding. No priest can be sued / disciplined if they refuse to carry one out. Synod has made it so that the CoE can't do it. And yet that wasn't enough and they got a specific exemption, to the extent that even if the Church wanted to allow gay marriage, they need a new act of parliament before it can happen.

There are enough protections in the proposed legislation without the need for an explicit list of organisations who are exempt.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                Catholics are happy?

yeah, right! Unless the pope has really lost his marbles.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I'm not sure how true it is - need a google I think but apparantly the pope has said there were no animals in the manger?

WTF??!!

I will update the thread when I find out more.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    I'm not sure how true it is - need a google I think but apparantly the pope has said there were no animals in the manger?

WTF??!!

I will update the thread when I find out more.
                    Is he assuming beasitality is akin to homosexuality???

I mean even for me that's abit OTT

I though Animal Farm was a great movie

Comment

Working...
                    X