• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Weekend

First impressions on arriving were good. I have to say that I was very impressed by how conveniently situated the airport is with the centre of town being just a 10 minute train journey away & trains running every 20 minutes. What a contrast to London - what on earth do foreign visitors think when faced with the schlepp into central London?

Slightly disappointed that all the major squares were undergoing major renovation works so the hoardings put up to restrict access certainly ruined any photo opportunities although I got a good few pics of the changing of the guard in the big square outside of the Royal Palaces (I also think I saw the Queen - a Royal limo went past with a very grand looking lady in the back. Not beyond the bounds of possibility - Isn't she often to be seen in public on her bike?).

Also didn't think much of the Little Mermaid's surroundings - the pictures you see never show the industrial dockyard backdrop but nonetheless, still a lovely bit of sculpture.

They certainly know how to do Christmas and I was very impressed by the lights strung up throughout the city's thoroughfares and Tivoli, about which I posted yesterday, was awesome.

All in all a very relaxed friendly place as far as capital cities go. Prefered it to Amsterdam where I always find the laid back attitide of the inhabitants a bit contrived as I feel that the slightest thing will make them explode.

Definite thumbs up here.

Working...
X