• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Four candles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four candles

Convo with esteemed permie colleague.

Me: so you going to Christmas lunch then Si?
    Si: Yes Suity.

Me: What ya having bud?
    Si: guinea fowl, and quail leg.

Me: I like a nice quail egg.
    Si: NO, QUAIL LEG!

Titter.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Convo?

Do you mean convoy, where you walk along line astern?

Comment

It's like the original, only without the ability to deliver a joke.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Titter.
        Sounds a bit fiddly and boney. I mean quail aren't much larger than pigeons are they? I'd sooner have a turkey leg.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Sounds a bit fiddly and boney. I mean quail aren't much larger than pigeons are they? I'd sooner have a turkey leg.
          Smaller than pigeons, normally you'd get one whole as a starter.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Titter.

I was once in a posh restaraunt with some friends who had brought along some other friends.

The first course was ordered and the friend-of-a-friend chap ordered fish - "Can I have the Turbo please" (as in the turbocharger on a car)

I picked up on this and told him that the 'T' wasn't silent on the fish 'Turbot'

He then went on to order dessert and asked for the Sorbet - stressing the T on the end

It was like having dinner with the Trotters!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
              It was like having dinner with the Trotters!
              They're something of a delicacy I hear.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                They're something of a delicacy I hear.
                Mmmmm, paprika-y......
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Was once in this Chinese restaurant, having dinner with the neighbours. We ordered loads, drinks loads and were fairly tiddly come the end of the night.

Me and sy02 have this thing where when we toast, we say "chinky, bloody chinky" in a sort of terry Thomas voice, what what!

The manager of the restaurant wanted to show his hospitality as we had spent rather a lot, so at the end of the meal we all got a round of shots for free !!

And sy02 and I toasted in our usual way. Our neighbours froze on the spot and wouldn't join in. Funny we thought.

Then on the way back to the car they explained their problem with us. Using the word "chinky" was getting us some looks.

Completely innocent on our part as we meant it in the onomatopoeia sense. How we larfed
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Was once in this Chinese restaurant, having dinner with the neighbours. We ordered loads, drinks loads and were fairly tiddly come the end of the night.

Me and sy02 have this thing where when we toast, we say "chinky, bloody chinky" in a sort of terry Thomas voice, what what!

The manager of the restaurant wanted to show his hospitality as we had spent rather a lot, so at the end of the meal we all got a round of shots for free !!

And sy02 and I toasted in our usual way. Our neighbours froze on the spot and wouldn't join in. Funny we thought.

Then on the way back to the car they explained their problem with us. Using the word "chinky" was getting us some looks.

Completely innocent on our part as we meant it in the onomatopoeia sense. How we larfed
                    LOL - you daft racist!

Comment

Working...
                    X