• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well that was a close one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that was a close one

I thought I was getting lined up for being replaced so I put in to play Operation Coffee and Cake.

Arranged a false meeting with the head honcho off site to get him out of the picture and then waited for the new guy to turn up.

Fed him some bollux about them not paying yada yada yada over at the local Costa where he stumped up for a latte and a muffin.

I fancy a pub lunch tomorrow so I've sent him a text saying they want to see him again.

And the best bit is they've had to up my rate and extend me through to next year.

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I thought I was getting lined up for being replaced so I put in to play Operation Coffee and Cake.

Arranged a false meeting with the head honcho off site to get him out of the picture and then waited for the new guy to turn up.

Fed him some bollux about them not paying yada yada yada over at the local Costa where he stumped up for a latte and a muffin.

I fancy a pub lunch tomorrow so I've sent him a text saying they want to see him again.

And the best bit is they've had to up my rate and extend me through to next year.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Me, me, me...

Comment

Class. POTW!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

heehee after catching up with todays other threads I see what you did there..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
          X