• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Biggest Mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest Mortgage

Just out of curiosity, who here has the biggest mortgage debt and what are we talking about, £200K, £500K?

Wondering if this society of large personal debt and mortgage is something IT contractors have or is it a permie thing?

A mortgage? What a novel concept.

Comment

I have to admit, my total mortgage stands at an embarrasing £11K, which costs me about £10 a month in wasted interest.

There, got that off my chest.

Comment

Nowt. Paid my off yonks ago.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

£425K roughly, spread over 3 flats. Nominal current value of the flats is currently about double that.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Looks like I've got the biggest mortgage at £11K then. Winner!

Oops, spoke too soon
            Last edited by DimPrawn; 27 June 2006, 11:34. Reason: Spoke too soon

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              Looks like I've got the biggest mortgage at £11K then. Winner!
              EH?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

bout £250k over two props. Not a worry

Comment

So the only mortgages people have are for BTL properties?

No one sitting at home in a house with a £500K mortgage sitting over it, sweating every Bank of England meeting and where the next contract renewal is coming from?

Comment

Nah I rent. At least you can **** off if the place falls to bits then.
                    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                    X